1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes or No???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LailaForbidden, Feb 24, 2012.

1. LailaForbidden

Okay guys, heres the deal: I'm wondering if i'm truly a lesbian. I think i've had crushes on guys before - at least i think thats what they are..
    I'll describe them:
    1) 4th grade. I believe his name was Chase... all of 4th grade had to do an annual musical for the parents. Anyway, I remember watching the kid stand up with his class to rehearse. Basically, I just watched him alot and would single him from the crowd to observe. One day, i saw him acting stupid (i dont remember what he was doing.. i honestly think he may have been just laughing really loud) in the hallway and I felt really, really disappointed (i might describe it as 'crushed').
    2) Fast forward to freshman year... I had a huge crush on this guy who was quite feminine, acually. I got butterflies in my stomach, felt high all the time, ect. but i never fantasized about him, never had an urge to kiss him. after we started going out, he kissed me. It just felt like skin on skin in a sort of slobbery way (ew) It wasnt horrible, but i didnt feel anything either. Wasnt really fun or heart-warming or whatevs
    3) One of my brother's friends... I'm not sure if I liked him or was just nervous ( i used to be pretty shy), but I would always get a stomach-jerk reaction when i saw him.

So, my question to all you dear EC-ers is Do you think that these experiences mean i'm bi? Or perhaps a 4 on the kinsey scale? Do you think i'm merely overreacting?

2. TruffleDude

How do your same-sex attractions compare to your opposite-sex attractions?

3. LailaForbidden

I haven't dated a girl yet, but my crushes are more frequent and i fantasize about them all the time, whereas with guys I really havent (except when i was just starting to figure out my attractions and I forced myself to). However, none of my crushes with girls have given me the intensity of butterflies that guy #2 did. On the other hand, when i think about being with a guy i feel panic. Ah its all so confusing.
    Did that help? I'm sorry, its a bit confusing to read...

4. TruffleDude

It's not confusing to read. I can see that it's confusing in your head. Is the panic with guys in general, or the guy #2, or just guys you like in general?

Do you panic from girls?

5. LailaForbidden

I dont really panic with girls. When i think about being with one its more of a warm, exciting feeling. But with guys (real or imagined.. so in general i suppose) i feel panic and dread. But could I be feelng this way simply because i dont want to be attracted to guys and wont accept it? Is the discrimination against bisexuals messing with my perception? I don't see bisexuals as any different from other people.. but i've heard quite a bit of hatred toward them, even more so than gay people.

6. stupidIvan

Oop! I suffer from the same thing: I think it helps to think about why you develop crushes on boys and girls, and how you feel about them.

Example: I develop crushes over (so embarrassing but!!) internet-famous guys. These crushes tend to spring from admiration, and are entirely platonic (I'd never think about making out with Duke, or generalIvan (both Internet voice actors/comedians I adoooooooore!), but I more thing about hugging them until they pop or touching their faces). I can never imagine making out or having sex with any of them (I've tried, my brain blocks it out and goes "NONONONONONONO >::::C").

However with GIRLS, it's totally different: I can not only daydream endlessly about hanging out with them, hugging etc., but I can also go as far as to totally drift off into thinking about kissing them etc.

Even when I see a boy or a girl, the thoughts that pass through my brain are different. It's all a matter of how you feel and what you think about these two sexes, I think!

Thinking of it this way, I have deduced that I am pretty much not sexually attracted to men at all, but I am sexually attracted to women. However, my platonic love for men knows NO bounds, and there are many factors pertaining to it. But in the end, I'd much rather have a pretty lady in my company than a handsome gentleman.

7. TruffleDude