1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams about a close friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rx79g, Feb 25, 2012.

1. rx79g

So last night I had another dream about one of my best friends (a guy). I think I should probably not share all the details but suffice to say both of the dreams were extremely vivid and... shall we say playful? I know as much as anyone possibly could that he's straight (has girlfriend, etc.) and I'm not even sure if I would like him romantically. I don't usually even think he's attractive when I see him. Anyway, do you think the dreams mean I like him or could they just be nothing more than dreams. I really hope I don't like him because that could get awkward on several levels.

2. Fisnou

No, I don't' think it means you like him. It could just be that in that dream, this guy represents guys in general. So I'd say it reflects that you like guys but not necessarily that you like him in particular. And if you say you don't find him attractive or like him in real life then I think you have nothing to worry about!
    I've had dreams about a girl I found attractive but that I didn't like romantically. The dream simply confirmed to me that I found her attractive :slight_smile:
    Hope that helps...

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Usually dreams are a result of our brain processing stuff. I don't think it is an indication that you like him. If you keep dreaming about the same guy and if at some point you can't stop thinking about him, then I'd say you probably have feelings for him. But given what you have said, I wouldn't worry about it.

4. insidehappy

he is straight so there's not much that is going to happen. you're probably horny and he's close to you so thats why you are having the dreams.

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dreams about one person instead of another don't seem to mean a whole lot - it could just be that you were thinking a lot about him lately.

What I find to be more significant is whether I have those kinds of dreams about people I know, or about people I've never met (or whom I've made up).