1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kawaii Kitty, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

Today I broke up with my boyfriend. He was so sweet and caring, always buying me things and complementing me.
    I broke up with him over a phone call.
    I feel so guilty about hurting him. Even my family thinks that "you love him one day then you leave him the next?"
    They tell me they don't hate me and that they aren't mad but it seems like they despised what I did and I don't understand it.
    Was I supposed to just continue the relationship and hope that everything would work out? No. Bad idea. That would be leading him on. Or so I thought. I still know it would have been leading him on but everything that has involves the breakup makes me feel like such a jerk!
    On top of that, I broke up with him because I am in love with a girl at my school. Or I think I am. I am planning on asking her out but then I know I would feel guilty afterword because I am still denying my sexual orientation.
    She knows that I am Bi-Curious, and she herself is Bi.
    Help! How do I ask her out? What should I do? Any advice?
    :tears:
    :help:

2. EmmettBlack

Don't be so hard on yourself *hugs* You've done the right thing by letting your boyfriend go and hurting his feelings a little bit now, rather than him and you feeling worse later down the track if you let it go on any longer.
    I think it's a wonderful thing that you've started to acknowledge to yourself your sexual orientation; it can be a really tricky thing at the start, but I promise you it *does* get easier. I think if you really do have strong feelings for this girl, give it a little bit of time first, your emotions and feelings are obviously still raw from splitting with your bf, wait a while, and if those feelings for her are still there, just get to know her more over time and ease yourself into things - you don't have to rush out the door straight away and ask her out on a date, just chill, find some common ground (Mutual friends, or stuff you both like to do, etc) and then just go for it! :slight_smile:

Hope this helps and you get some clarity on everything soon, if you ever need to chat just drop me a line, I've been in the same situation many times, and it sounds lame, but the only thing that helps ease the torment, is confronting yourself and asking the questions you're scared to ask yourself, and time to think, time fixes all :slight_smile:

3. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

@VioletDoomsday:
    Thank you very much for your advice! It was really what I needed because I was starting to freak out. :slight_smile:

4. EmmettBlack

No problem at all mate, just drop me a line if you need to vent :slight_smile: best of luck with everything! <3