1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an outside perspecitve

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Azza, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Azza

Yes another crush. :rolle:

Right basically I've been crushing on this guy for a couple of months now and I think may even beginning to... like him a lot more than I would want. I'm in the closet so this "thing" is basically hell to navigate. What makes it even more confusing is that he has ADHD and I think aspergers so I don't really know if he just isn't interested in me sometimes or it's because of that or summat. I'm just going to stick a bunch of bullet points down and if you need any more information just ask :thumbsup:

• He will go to anything I ask him to even if he doesn't really know anyone going
    • He will always smile at me when we walk past eachother
    • We talk daily at school and on facebook
    • I can think of several occasions where he has touched me when it was completely unecessary
    • He sits with me at lunch occasionally
    • All his friends are girls
    • HE DOES MUSICAL THEATER (you have to give me that one)
    • Sometimes he'll drop out of conversations for no reason
    • He comes accross as bored with me sometimes
    • He always jokingly flirts with girls (Not sure about this one)
    • He has had a girlfriend but he "found it really boring"
    • NEVER talks about girls, ever.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advice would be useful, if I think there is a high chance he actually does like me I'll probably tell him how I feel at some point in the future :icon_wink

2. rx79g

I have basically no experience so take this with a pretty big grain of salt, but I'd say he likes you. Again I have almost no experience and I haven't seen him or you guys together but that's how it looks to me. Good luck though, and just be sure to think about it and him pretty hard before you tell him in case he ends up outing you.

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

It does sounds pretty convincing that he is probably not straight. But remember, just like you, if he is gay he is not out (perhaps even to himself). Thats where things always get delicate.

Maybe what you should try doing is getting more connected to him. Be vulnerable, and perhaps even consider that he is a good person to come out to, and that conversation may even open the door to him coming out to you.

More then anything however, remember to love yourself. If you can find the compassion to love yourself for who you are, regardless of your "imperfections" you will feel much better. More than likely your self esteem will improve and it will probably give you the confidence to come out. Your "imperfections" are gifts, they make you unique and beautiful, remember that.

4. Azza

Thanks for the responses guys, honestly think I'm just going to try and get over the whole thing because it's making my life into one big emotional roller coaster. It's too much effort pursuing someone who at times doesn't seem to give one about me :frowning2:

And thanks for the whole loving yourself thing, something I really need to start doing! :/

5. TheAMan

Considering the fact that you were very thorough in your explanation, I'm inclined to believe that he's gay and he likes you. With that said, if you want him, go for it.