1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to not be so melancholy - crush related

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by coastgirl, Feb 27, 2012.

1. coastgirl

So, thanks everyone for the advice you gave me in my last thread about my stupid crush. (Not that she is stupid, but the crush is stupid).

She is gone for a while traveling. She's gonna be gone another couple weeks...actually her return date is slightly indefinite, which stresses me out.

Anyway, I went to go see her right before she left, I wanted to show her the finished version of a project we had worked on. It was a bit of a drive, and so far that's the biggest step I've taken to go out on a limb and drop hints that I like her. I'm painfully shy about revealing that I like someone.

She's not overtly flirty with me, although I had this feeling she might like me back. Being really nervous about disrupting the friendship I was just trying to let things progress and feel it out...but then we both started traveling and now I don't know when I'm for sure going to see her again. Probably in a month. It sucks. I'm stuck on her, and I've been kind of communicating with her in the week since she's been gone, here and there just friendly. What's sucky is that I JUST came out to her right before we both took off, and now I'm in this weird limbo.

What can I do in the meantime?? I am going out, trying to meet other available people but I'm so stuck on her that everyone else pales in comparison and I just get depressed. Maybe it's just going to take time??? I just don't want to sit around and be bummed. Even going out with friends doesn't help that much right now. It helps a little bit, but I can't hang out with them all the time and be clingy.:tears:

Any suggestions?

2. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Time is the greatest healer of wonders dearie.

There is no rush to hook up, in fact I would advise otherwise entirely. Take some time to appreciate the feelings she made you feel, then release them. That way when you go to move on you are not keeping a piece of her with you. It can be difficult to grow a relationship when standing in the shadow of "what used to be"

Hope that clears things up a little

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think just talk to her via email and such as and when you can. You could even tell her you are missing her friendship whilst she has been away if you want to drop a bit of a hint. Other than that all you can do is keep yourself busy and in time it will pass.

4. coastgirl

ha, thanks. That's what i've been doing...thru text. Although..we had something specific to talk about. I worry we wouldn't be talking if it wasn't for that haha. I'm way too sensitive. But at least she's been contacting me as much as I have her.

5. Chickzak

Yeah, I agree with silverhalo, just keep in regular contact with her and be interested in what's going on her in life over there; at least she'll know you're thinking of her and want to know more about things with her.

.. Aah bummer! In the mean time, I have no clue what you can do! Crushes suck so bad.. I think yeah definetly, just go out and meet new people; do sports activities, develop a new hobby, for example, get into a particular sport or a video game or take up jogging (jogging is way good for clearing your head). Hopefully she'll be back in no time xD Dont worry
    .. now I'm just going to read your other thread because you have me interested! =D