1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one is the loneliest number

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by toremi, Feb 27, 2012.

1. toremi

toremi Guest

as of recently i have been feeling very lonely; it's a very unfortunate feeling.

I have been single now for almost 6 years, since me and my last girlfriend broke up. So for a good 3-4 years of that time I was VERY comfortable being single and enjoyed every bit of it. The past couple of years I have got the urge every now and then to want to settle down but not very strong.

As of lately I have been feeling more and more inclined to be in a relationship; which isn't really possible right now in my life. As side from still discovering myself I have the pesky possibility of having to leave this city as soon as April and it wouldn't be smart to start anything before then... and just a bunch of other crap.

UGh woe is me. so tonight I will sit at home, type this which makes me feel slightly better and listen to whitney houston sing "saving all my love for you" HA!

2. Jim1454

Hi there. I think a lot of people can relate to how you're feeling.

I wouldn't let your questioning or your possible move deter you from getting out and meeting other people. You wont' be committing yourself to a lifetime relationship with anyone - you'd be getting out, meeting people, dating, and hopefully getting to know yourself (your likes and dislikes) better.

All these things would be good for you. Maybe you'd discover that you definitely are into guys - and maybe you won't. But at least you won't be sitting home alone feeling sorry for yourself.

What to do? Where to go? I'm not sure. There are PFLAG meetings around the city that you could go to. There is an organization called 'Out and Out' that organizes social activities for the LGBT community - all sorts of things. I think there's a small membership fee, but it might open up a lot of doors for you.

I'm in Toronto too - so if you give me a sense as to what you're interested in I might have some other suggestions.

3. toremi

toremi Guest

Thanks for the advice Jim, which reminded me you actually wrote to a previous post of mine and I completely forgot to reply via message! I am at work right now but ill reply via message either later tonught or tomorrow. I have been busy with work as of recently which is good, minus the fact it still is just a temp job atm.

Anyways thanks again and we will chat soon :grin: