1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Really Awkward Moment... Please Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kawaii Kitty, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

Have you ever had a really awkward moment when you want to kiss, cuddle, hug, or do something else with your girlfriend/boyfriend, yet you are afraid to do so?
    As if doing such a thing would lead to anger or fear toward you?
    This inevitably leads to that awkward silence, meaning the other probably knows what you want to do and is waiting for it. Or it could just be that you are so nervous that you don't know what to do or say.
    It is so much worse in my opinion when you are in your first same-sex relationship.
    It's so nerve racking and I never know what to do.
    I love her so much, and today I wanted to kiss her and cuddle, but how do I do that without it being awkward? How will I know she is okay with it?
    Obviously I'm not going to talk to her about it for hours in advance, in the past I've always disliked it when they spend forever asking: "Are you sure about this?" I know it means they care but I want it to be romantic and maybe spur of the moment, full of passion, and not planned out like a book.
    Now I'm in that position.
    What do I do? I want to kiss her, to hold her so badly sometimes yet I worry.
    She is so much more experienced then I am. For example, she knows how to french kiss and I don't.
    I would kiss her at school (sometimes I just want to say: "screw PDA and the rules." It's basically the only time I really see her because she gets grounded a lot.
    Please, please help! Any advice?
    How do I make the first move on cuddling, hugging, and kissing? How do I know when to introduce tongue in the kiss?
    How do I do it, when, where at school? (Outside obviously and in private but gah!)
    I'm so nervous and excited right now I can't get my words straight.
    Please, please, please, please help!
    :help:

#1 Kawaii Kitty, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  2. Jordash

Just use your 20 seconds of courage! Everyone has it! Every year you get another 20 second of pure courage! (or so I like to think :grin: )

But anyways, just suck it up and do it. Take a, silent, deep breath, and just do it.
    As far as kissing her goes, if you push her hair back first it makes it pretty odvi thats what you want.

3. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

@Jordash:
    My 20 seconds of courage eh? Okay, then tomorrow I will use it!
    Also, great advice with pushing her hair back, I'll try that tomorrow as well.
    Thanks for the advice.
    :slight_smile:

4. Jordash

No problem. :slight_smile:
    When you think of your 20 seconds of courage, just remember, you can do anything. Its what gets first time skydivers to jump out, it gives professional athletes the power to kick, run, and even score! Heck, it probably gets baby birds to try and fly!
    Good luck! :wink:
    And about the hair thing, make sure you look into her eyes and move in slowly before you actually kiss her, so she knows what you're doing and can respond the right way.
    Again, Good Luck! :grin:

5. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

@Jordash:
    Thanks again!
    One more thing though...
    Where? And how do we go there without being obvious about what I'm about to do?
    -Is so clueless.-

6. Jordash

Thats a hard one...
    Im in a closeted relationship so... my girlfriend and I normally end up in a bathroom stall between classes. Its not abnormal to see 2 girls go in there together. So that works, but I dont recommend it for your first kiss.
    My first kiss Ever and with a girl) was at like 8 at night under a bridge by a river, the only light was the stars and the moon.

Try and get her to hang out with you after school one day. Do it in a private place in a park or someother place romantic, you want to remember this, because you will never forget it.

Anything else?

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't think. Just do.

You're thinking too much about it and it's stopping you in your tracks.

This is a problem I deal with daily when it comes to doing school work or anything else that needs to be done or I want to do. I know the feeling you're going through, and I know its easier to say don't think than it is to actually not think, but you have to try.

Just remember, she's your girlfriend, if she didn't like you and want you doing that stuff to/with her, she wouldn't be dating you!

8. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

@Jordash:
    Thank you again.
    One final thing I promise I will shut up afterward.
    :lol:
    Would a first kiss at school be okay? She is always grounded and hanging out is really hard sometimes, like now.

@Taylor:
    Hm I see what you mean by me over-thinking it.
    I dislike it when I have to plan a romantic gesture with my partner, and that's actually what I was doing only in my head.
    Thank you.

9. Jordash

If hanging out is hard, then at school should be fine. :slight_smile:
    Did you do it today???

10. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

@Jordash:
    Sadly... no.
    I got really scared and nervous and this one guy wouldn't leave us alone so I couldn't...
    :frowning2:

11. Jordash

Awwwww. :frowning2: I sorry.
    Try again tomorrow! You got this girrrrllll! :grin:

12. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

@Jordash:
    Thanks!
    :grin: