1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay or bisexual? or somewhere in between?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MrJayfroo, Feb 29, 2012.

1. MrJayfroo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm an 18 year old male, I've never really dated anyone. I've had crushes on girls and guys.

Anyway, I've been wondering for the past few years if I might be gay. I get much more turned on by naked men than women.

I'm not really as afraid of being gay, but I'm confused. I mean, I know my parents and friends would still love and accept me, in fact, i have already told my mum that I'm think I'm gay (she is bisexual, so she was very understanding) but I'm not sure if I may be bisexual or not...

Because when I think about being in a relationship with someone, living with someone, marrying someone, and spending the rest of my life with someone...I always imagine me with a guy.

I've tried thinking about what it would be like with a woman, and while I don't HATE it...it just doesn't appeal to me as much. It's the fact that I don't HATE it, that is causing confusion, It's sort of hard to explain,

What do you think?...thank you.

2. b0i70y

You could be gay. Sexuality is fluid and confusing sometimes. I myself am essentially bisexual, but homoromantic. I am sexually attracted to both guys and girls, but I can only feel romance for men.

You'll figure yourself out eventually, don't worry about it too much right now. :slight_smile:

3. Koll

Where as I can find a romantic spark in both men and woman, but only men are desireable beyond that :icon_bigg

OP, Just play with it- It's not a one stop decision you suddenly have to make and hold yourself true for- :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. MrJayfroo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the replies,

I'm pretty sure I'm gay, I think I'm going to come out to family/friends soon. And if later I do find out that I have some attraction to women, then I suppose it would be fine to.
    the only person I'm about coming out to is my grandmother, as she was always a bit funny about my mum being bisexual. do you think I should tell her or let the news spread to her? I'm not particularly close to her.

5. Koll

I'd let the news spread. I only told my mother, and my aunt seem to knew.

I only came out to people who mattered. So I don't know what to tell you..

(Oh hey, my mom is bisexual too)

6. TheAMan

I think that you still feel an attraction to women even though you have a stronger attraction to men. With that said you're still bisexual.

7. MrJayfroo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you everyone, you have all been really helpful.

@Koll :thewave: for bisexual mums!