1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help finding therapist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by phoenix42, Mar 1, 2012.

1. phoenix42

hi everyone,
    it's been a long time since i've posted or even been here really but things aren't going great. Found out the therapist i had been seeing had no real ability to help me so that is done. Now I really need to find someone that can help me get things moving in the right direction rather than pawning off to "analysis" that I cant afford and my insurance wont cover.

Does anyone have any ideas or anything they can suggest to help? I need something close by where i live, preferably close to my school and home.

Things have felt pretty hopeless lately so anything would be nice.

Thanks,
    phoenix

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you talk a bit more about the specific issues for which you're seeking therapy? That will give a head start on giving you useful info on finding the right one for you.

3. phoenix42

oh yeah, that might help...

looking for a gender therapist. Issues are, as can be expected, dealing with being transgendered and desperately wanting my life to be different in every way. I'm never happy in life and I just want a therapist who has experience with transgendered individuals.

Might have found a place about an hour from home and school (2 hour trip from school to home so it's right between) but they didn't call me back after my call so i'm not sure they're still in business.

Just looking for a therapist who would actually be able to recommend hormones or would, at the very least, have a better knowledge on transgender topics than my last therapist. He didn't seem to know much at all so it only made things worse.