1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice, Suggestions, ANYTHING

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thearbitr92, Mar 3, 2012.

1. thearbitr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay. So I need a LOAD of advice. Any kind is fine. For a few months now (from october-november last year) I have been chatting, skyping, and webcamming with someone who I hold very dear to my heart. after two months of this, we both decided we wanted to meet in real life. I deeply care for him and worry about him constantly. He's 18 and lives in south africa, he will be coming to the states in may-june for school. I'm 20 and am currently a deployed US soldier (that's all I can say). I have only really truely known I'm gay for a few years, and he's my first "boyfriend". I have literally NO experience on how to act, what to do or even what to say when it comes to romantic stuff. I am meeting up with him when he comes to the states and staying in his area for two weeks for us to actually spend some physical quality time together, and I'm scared to death. Any advice for me at all? any advice would be greatly appreciated, because all this is brand new to me.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off being nervous is normal, so don’t be mad at yourself for that.
    Second, why tell him you’re new to this. I did on my first date with a guy and he should understanding.
    Third, be safe. Be sure to use protection.

3. TheAMan

The most important thing I can tell you is to be yourself and don't overdue anything. Remember he likes you for you so don't pretend to be something you're not. If you don't have anything romantic to say right now, that's ok. That stuff will come in due time. Good luck!

4. TroubledRyan

Its important to act yourself. Don't be fake and eccentric to try to impress him or configure completely to what you think he likes.
    If that person can't accept you for who/how you are normally, you guys wouldn't work in the long run. (Which is what you want I'm guessing?)
    The nervousness will go away in time. But it is always going to be a tad awkward at first :slight_smile:.

5. thearbitr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you guys so much for your advice ^^ He seems to like who I am as a person and I doubt he'd be very receptive If I acted differently in real life XD Thank you all again for the advice!