1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Naren, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Naren

Hey, I'm very new to EC so I might be doing this wrong. Anyway, I'm transgender and I'm trapped in the closet. I'm too scared to come out to anyone, as my parents are homophobes, along with most of my friends. I just need some guidance.

Thanks, Naren

2. Seraph

Ok there is one way to do this, its simple, look for the one that you trust the most such as your bestfriend or any relative of yours, plan for a private time and tell them anything you wanna tell. I bet you will get through each of the "period" of this process, you will find out what I mean when you get there :slight_smile:. And good luck !

3. 55

Wecome to EC! Before doing anything, I would recommend finding some friends on this site, reading some of their threads, posts, and blogs, and then asking lots of questions. The advisors are also great resources. Once you have a plan you're comfortable with, go for it and don't look back! Good luck! (&&&)

4. Countervail

And you want to come out?
    If I were on your shoes, I would wait until I can earn money and live without their help.

5. Eleanor Rigby

Hi Naren and welcome to EC (*hug*),

I am sorry that you're having to deal with being transgender in an homophobic environment. I can only imagine how upsetting this must be.
    As from you profile you're only 17, I imagine you're still living at home and are going to high-school.
    The very first advice I would give you is to be safe. I know feeling trapped in the wrong body and being closeted is really painful, but if you don't think it would be safe for you to come out to your family and friends, then don't.
    It's better to be in the closet and safe than owing out and taking the risk to be bullied or kicked out from home without resources.
    That doesn't mean you're doomed to stay in the closet forever. You'll grow up and you're not going to live at home for the rest of your life. But I think it might be better to wait until you'll leave on your own and also that you build a "safety net" of supportive people before coming out to your parents.
    Until then, I hope that sticking around EC will help you to find help and support.
    Take care of yourself and see you around (*hug*) Cécile

6. Naren

Thanks, I'll work on that. And I'm 16, I put in my correct birthdate and it still says 17... Anyway, yeah... I go to a small school and things get out. How do you do friends on here?