1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Love?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TroubledRyan, Mar 4, 2012.

1. TroubledRyan

What is the feeling suppose to be? I know loving a partner isn't the same as loving your family, so therefore it can't be the same feeling.

I ended things between me and my ex of 6 months about 2 months ago because I decided it wasn't love, and it just wouldn't work. We were different people, and the longer it would take the harder it would be. Then looking back at it I couldn't believe I was so naive and let it go on for 6 months...It wasn't love and it wasn't right.

I have recently started talking to someone new, someone that I know I like. We have only been talking for about a month. I have extremely strong feelings towards him and I'm terrified of him getting hurt, due to the line of work he is in. We talk about things that seem so deep and important to me... it is all just a very confusing mess, that I like. It scares me. But what is life without emotions? Good or Bad.

He is afraid of love, and if he is just imagining his feelings towards me. He is scared that he will hurt me, because he truly does like(love?) me. But I really don't care if he were to leave, I just don't want him hurt. I just think about that and its so weird looking at it.

So what the hell I'm i feeling? Is it possible to love someone within a month, considering you can't see them to often due to the distance we live from each other (Its only an hour drive)?

2. forthwith

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just my point of view, but I feel that love is when you feel something unconditionally. Weather it's toward a family member or a lover, it's about emotional attachments that forgive all of one's shortfalls. What you are feeling is the sensation of being In Love. Many a good relationship has gone the way of the dodo because one person or the other couldn't discern the difference. The best situation is where both parties love one another, as well as they are In Love with one another. You can fall in love in an instant, at least I have. The real dilemma is figuring out which pain will be greater: the pain of living apart, or the pain you may cause someone (possibly yourself).

3. sanguine

you know its love when you feel joy and happiness, these are things family give unconditionally, well most families give unconditionally anyways. Love makes you feel good, the only feeling that makes you want to give and not stop giving because its great, good and the right thing to do, spreads because its infectious.