1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know what to do, help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Azza, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Azza

I think I've really screwed things up with this guy and I just don't know what to do. Long story short I thought he was appearing offline to me on facebook and so I ended up blocking him because I thought that he thought I was some crazy stalker, little did I know that this would also unfriend him. After a few seconds of realising this I quickly refriended him and guess what turns out he wasn't appearing offline to me, it was just facebook chat being rubbish. This was the conversation we then had:

[me]
    Sorry for accidentally unfriending you..
    [him]
    yep, sure it was accidental
    [me]
    You would be surprised how close unsubscribe and unfriend are [insert guys name here]
    (My crappy excuse which now I think on it is the worst one I could have come up with)
    [him]
    why would u want to unsubscribe?
    unsubscribe link doesnt even have unfriend on it?
    ohhh god ur so weirdddd
    [me]
    It's when you click on statuses sorryyyy
    Ikr
    Hello?
    [him]
    hi
    [me]
    You aren't pissed off about a silly mistake are you?
    [him]
    well the thing is, it wasnt a mistake haha
    but i dont care
    [me]
    Why would I unfriend you and then refirend you about a minute later?
    [him]
    guiltyyy conscien ddd
    [me]
    About?
    [him]
    deeletttinggg meee lol
    [me]
    I have 300 summat friends on facebook and you're one of the few i actually like so I wouldn't delete youuuu
    Ok?
    [him]
    yee

And now he probably just thinks I'm a complete freak and hates me and I'm scared he'll tell people at school about it and then everyone will think I'm a total werido and I just don't know what to do? I want to tell the real reasons I did it and that I like him but I have no idea how he will take it, I'm terrified if I came out to him he'd tell people, we've only known eachother for about 2 months and I'm pretty sure he's gay but :bang:

HELP????? I have no one else to talk to:icon_sad:

2. Pilgrim is hot

first of all take a breath and relax, we tend to make things a lot worse in our heads then they really are, the more you build it up as a big thing with him the more it will be, so next time you see him if he asks just explain it to him and leave it their.

I'm a bit hesitant to say anything about your coming out situation as I'm older and still haven't but I used to get anxious about the kinda conversations above and from my experience it was mostly me building it up in my head. Hope any of that helped :slight_smile:

#2 Pilgrim is hot, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  3. TheAMan

I don't think he hates you or anything. It sounds like he was just messing with you a bit. When it comes to telling him, if you aren't confident that he will accept you then don't tell him quite yet but still leave subtle hints every now and again. Also, how do you think he's gay?

4. Azza

Well he's just one of those people you look at and think "yep he's gay"
    I know it's stereotypical and everything but he is really into drama and musical theatre, all his friends a girls (most of them want to get into his pants), he's only ever had one girlfriend when he was younger and he said he found it "boring" oh and he has an amazing fashion sense. Sometimes I'm so sure he likes me and others I just don't know. I really hope I am making it a bigger thing than it is because I really don't want him to think I'm some kind of freak. WHY IS BEING GAY AND IN HIGH SCHOOL SO HARD!!!! :bang:

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, deep breaths.
    Maybe on some level, he did think "hmm, weird...", but it's more likely than not that he was teasing you with that convo (and succeeding marvelously, which obviously made him continue the teasing).
    So: in that case, you should just shrug it off, and act as if nothing happened. Tiny mistakes don't need elaboration after they're resolved.

Only if you bring it up again and again and again, will he think "methinks the boy doth protest too much" and start wondering why you keep going on about such a minor matter.

So, next time you see him (online or offlne), you just start up a conversation about whatever topic seems convenient. Act as if nothing happened, and it's extremely likely he won't think any more of it either.

6. Ianthe

Yeah, this is not such a big deal, really. If you act like it's unimportant, it will be.

Are you out to him? Come out to him, that's your best bet. If you think he might be gay, come out to him, and if he's gay he'll be much more likely to tell you about it.

7. Azza

Oh thanks for all the replies but I'm pretty sure he hates me now, well hate might be a bit strong but dislikes me. Why am I so bad with men? He came off as pretty annoyed to day and quite obviously wasn't interested in talking to me. He also told my best friend about it so I'm debating whether or not I should come up with a rubbish excuse or just come clean and tell him about the whole thing :/

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Sadly, I think the best thing to do right now is let things go. The more you push the issue the worse it will all get.

Give yourself some time, give your friend some time and forget about the whole thing. Don't talk about it with your friends and don't excuse yourself for it again. Act like it was some silly mistake and move on. Harder than it sounds, but that's what should help you the most right now.