1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to love without being with someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stumble along, Mar 5, 2012.

1. stumble along

My friends say that it is possible and I'm just like ' lol da fuq wrong with you'
    I don't think so, they think I'm in love with my crush. I wouldnt mind if I was but the only thing going for them is that this is the second time ive been this way with someone. I mean I haven't even dated anyone how do they just assume i 'love' him?
    Or maybe I'm just upset that they used the word love maybe they mean something else.
    Idk

2. TheAMan

I think it is possible, but you don't really know for sure until you actually spend time with that person. In your case here I don't think you love him you're just lusting after him. Some people (your friends in this case) mistake lust for love and that's usually how relationships get ruined.

3. greeneyes

really depends on the situation. regardless, get to know this person more! i agree with the last comment. worst case scenarios are you get to know him and don't like him anymore or you get to know him and he's straight but then you know and can get over it. best case scenarios you become good friends or you have a relationship (or both).