1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reciprocation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gentlegiant4, Dec 31, 2007.

1. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey everyone, before I start to pour my soul out to all of you I'd like to say hi really quick, my name is nick and this is my first post.!!!!!!

Alright then, where to start... If it helps at all I guess I should say that i am out to three of my best friends, they mean the world to me. my brother and two people that I have kind of been drifting from lately know, as well... however, all three of them had issues with it... heh. I guess that's just how it goes, though.

Here's my issue, I guess. It's not a big deal compared to other things I've read here (my heart goes out to all of you!@!!11) but it's something that's been bothering me lately.

I'm 15. as I mentioned up there my best friends know that I'm gay. Well, my BEST friend is one of them and he is a straight guy. He's said that there is no problem and that we are still cool no matter what. Sounds perfect, correct?

UGH. The thing is, though (as the title suggests) there is NO reciprocation as far as conversations about relationships/girls/guys go. In fact our conversations are strictly about his relationships with girls, to be exact. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And I know that there are much worse problems to be faced with, but it really bothers me that he acts like I never told him anything or that I no longer have feelings. I never lied to him about things with me and girls, either, I kind of just avoided the subject completely.

I do not understand. I've already considered the whole "talking about gay shit will make him uncomfortable" thing. No offense to the ladies but some of the things he has told me honestly made me want to throw up. I mean, it can get bad with a horny teenage boy. :rolleyes: but I'm always there to hear what he wants to tell me. I'll always be there for him. But I feel that I don't get that back. I wonder what would happen if I ever have a boyfriend? Will my friend pretend that he doesn't exist? It hurts.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't think that some straight people really "get" how much it hurts to not talk about your relationships with the equivalency that they talk about theirs. I would suggest that you just talk to your friend and tell him that. Maybe you can reach some sort of compromise. He can maybe talk a little less about the "juicy" details of his relationships with girls yet allow you to talk about your crushes sometimes. Then maybe you can reach some sort of safe equal ground where you can both share and be comfortable.

3. step49x

I know what you mean. I have a really good friend that I've come out to, who I'd love to get relationship advice from. I've brought up the subject before, but he never makes any comments on it. He himself doesn't usually talk about his gf issues (or, in his case, attempts to get one), and he's yet to have any gory details, as he hasn't had any, yet (at least, that i know of).

Next time I see him, I'll have to try out some of Becky's advice. Gay life is definitely one of those subjects that a lot of straight people don't know what to say.