1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I dug myself into a ditch...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Maxis, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All right, so I'll start off by explaining this: I had a boyfriend, but I broke up with him... only two days ago. This is because I really, really, really like him as a friend, but I felt like it just wasn't right... being a couple. (I don't know why I felt this (I suspect I might be lesbian, but whatever), because he's an amazing guy, but... yeah)

Yes, he was upset about it, and... so was I a little bit, to be honest (but I don't regret it), but after a little bit he was okay with it. We moved on, but we're still amazing friends like nothing had ever happened.

Now, there's also this girl that's been kind of catching my eye. Nothing too exciting, just a normal friendship and all (at the time). But she's quite pretty (with the most beautiful blue eyes you could possibly imagine), she's funny, and she's very outgoing. The only thing is she has a... bad reputation in general? Like, I don't know... She's one of those girls who...

I can't explain it. :icon_redf

Basically, she asked me out via note in 3rd period today. The conversation went like this:

Her: "Do you want to play a game?"
    Me: "What kind of game?"
    Her: "A game where I ask you a question and you answer honestly"
    Me: "Sure"
    Her: "What's your favorite color?"
    Me: "Hot pink"
    Her: "Do you want to go out?"

I didn't think... I was just, over-excited and happy. I didn't know what to think. I scribbled back a "YES" and we just kept on going on about how happy we were.

Now I think I should've thought for a moment.

I have a few problems... First of all, I'm unsure if I really want to be with her...but when I think of the idea of being back to the friend state, I'm just like, *rejects*. I don't know. I want to be with her. But at the same time I'm not sure about that.

Second of all, I feel like I'm lying to my parents like this. I'm not out to them yet -- and I almost ALWAYS go to them for advice when someone asks me out or something. But now I can't. I mean, I'm not out to them. But I feel like this makes it so that I'm deceiving them, because I have a girlfriend they don't even know about.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a... teacher's pet, if you'd like to call it.

Third of all, I feel like such a b:***: for breaking up with my boyfriend and going to someone else a second later. I mean, it was two days. So like... yeah. He doesn't know about this, though, so...

Fortunately, I don't think he would mind. He likes someone else already anyway. :grin:

I was just wondering, from my fellow supporters of EC... what should I do about this? Is there anything to do, am I just freaking out? Please let me know what you think about this...situation.

Thanks. xx

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should go out with the girl, take things slowly and see how they develop, I know its tough when you are not out to your parents but your not actually lying to them you just havent told them, if things progress with the girl then in time you can consider coming out to them.

3. TheAMan

I know you may feel guilty about not telling your parents or your ex boyfriend, but you're doing nothing wrong here. You actually have a good reason for keeping things a secret and I totally agree with what you're doing. As for your feelings for your girlfriend, just go out with her some and see if you connect with her.

4. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    If you'd like, you could look at it this way: until you know which way your compass points, what is there to tell? Give yourself a chance to find your bearings, and then, once you know, then you can say to others "I am this" :slight_smile:

5. TroubledRyan

I feel your pain about the secrets, hate them. I would give it time though, as silverhalo said. See if things develop with her until you tell your parents or friends, If it turns out you really like her, then it might be nice to drop the secrets.

6. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All the things everyone's said above sounds like very good advice and it's probably what I'll end up doing. Thanks guys! :grin:
    The secrets are going to bug me like heck... but I'll manage. ^^ Thanks a lot guys.