1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealous of my Straight Friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, Mar 7, 2012.

1. secretguyX

This could be normal for gay teenagers, I don't know. But I'm really jealous of my straight friends (being all of them). I don't want to have to go into explaining that I'm gay every time someone asks me who I like. I don't want to always like straight girls and have absolutely no chance with them. I know being straight and liking a guy doesn't mean he'll like you back, but there's so much more of a chance. I want to be able to flirt with a guy and have actual feelings for him. I don't want to be thought of differently because of my sexuality. I want to be able to talk openly about my crush without feeling awkward mentioning it. I want to be able to be in a heterosexual relationship. I guess I just wish I was straight, even though I know I'm not and I've accepted it.

2. Of Mice and Men

Well said. I think this is a pain everybody's felt, I know I have and do still feel it. And you're right, it's sad that we live in a time in which it's uncomfortable and even frowned upon to bring up homosexuality. Just think of the upsides of being gay. In the end, I'd like to think we've had a much more interesting, colorful life than the other team. And don't worry. You'll find someone soon. I know it! (*hug*)

3. Myturn

Damn, you guys sound older and wiser than the majority of my friends. I am proud to know you.

#3 Myturn, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  4. Azza

I know what you mean, relationships are hard enough but gay people have the added dimension of having to figure out the orientation of their crush. Straight people will rarely have to deal with falling for a gay person while we deal with A LOT of straight crushes.

5. greeneyes

Well said too!!

I was having lunch with two of my friends today and they were talking about their guy problems (they don't know I'm bisexual) and I felt awkward bringing anything up (although that's also because all of the guys I'm into are taken and all the girls are straight haha).

It's also weird because the fantasy is a bit different (like you said) - my girlfriends (platonic) are always fantasizing about certain guys whom they don't know well and it will never happen with, while mentioning that situation is weird when you know it will never happen because of their sexuality.

6. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmmm i had this problem when i was in the closet with my friends. i realized quickly after i came out though that it wasn't really awkward to talk about unless i was the person making it awkward. though not as frequently i talk about my crushes with my straight guy friends and have even debated with some of my straight girlfriends about which one of us would get the cute guy over at such and such place. granted i feel as if the friends i chose and places i found were places where homosexuality is not only accepted but also a common thing. I forgot why i wrote so much but im gonna go with this big long paragraph is meant to say eventually you will find the friends you can be with that make it much less awkward to say who you like and who you dont.

7. secretguyX

Thanks, that means a lot :slight_smile:

That's pretty much exactly how it is with my friends.

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks to all of you (*hug*)