1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Awkward Confusion Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Turtlezilla, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Turtlezilla

I'm 22, closet bi, never came out to anyone. Through another mutual friend I recently reunited with an old friend from jr high who has been openly bi since high school. I feel like he'd be the only person in my life I can talk to about this stuff but it gets muddied and awkward for two reasons. We have a lot of mutual friends, I'm not close enough with him to be sure he wouldn't go around telling people. And second, I've developed a big crush on him and want my first experience with a guy to be with him, so now there's that too. On top of all that, it's taking a lot for me to want to do anything and rejection isn't something I can deal with right now. Don't know what to do and the more I think about it the more I withdraw and don't feel like doing anything.

#1 Turtlezilla, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. secretguyX

Well I think you should talk to him and tell him you're bisexual. Considering he knows how it feels, I'm sure he wouldn't be one to tell people if you didn't want him to. Don't tell him you like him at first if you are planning too though, he might be scared off after already hearing something surprising. If you feel you are ready to tell someone and you want to, then I think he'd be someone dependable on your secret.

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile: I would wait and see if you form a new friendship with him before revealing any sensitive information. See if he is one to gossip. Take your time, it might take years, but slow and steady is the safe way. Middle school was a long time ago so you have no idea what he's like now, for better or worse. Protect yourself and don't trust him to keep your confidence yet, but I hope it works out someday. Let us know how it goes. :thumbsup:

4. greeneyes

Yep, I agree with both comments. Get to know him a little more. I'm sure he understands how you feel, and if when you get to know him a little more you trust him, tell him and also say you don't want him to tell anyone else. Agreed that the crush needs to be told later on, especially since you don't know him that well at the moment.