1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can we come out to each other?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by reyuu, Mar 7, 2012.

1. reyuu

I began to have a crush on one of my friends in high school. Now we both go to college, we made friends with this other girl (friend2) and me and friend 2 caught the same train home so we would talk about our sexuallity. Plus she had just recently asked a girl out so i knew i could trust her. She spoke to my crush and it turns out that she was thinking about me to, but is still not 100% sure.

Friend 2 then told me that my crush and i should go out, i agreed but i wasnt sure if my crush would feel the same, and turns out she does. She feels the same way, she doesnt know how ill react and she doesnt want to risk ruining our friendship if it doesnt work.

so what do we do? we havnt actual said face to face that we like eachother just through friend 2. and when friend 2 tries to bring up the subject it make the situation an little awkard. We just sorta laugh and not talk about it :S i know its not the right thing to do but we just dont know how to handle it...:help:

2. indigo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I say go for it. If she has the same feelings for you, then it is only up to who will make a move first. It sounds like both are you are a bit shy and waiting to see what the other one will do.

3. greeneyes

this is a great situation! it's anxious too, i'm sure, but hey it's requited!

best to talk (in a non-club/night situation), maybe over lunch/coffee/something casual and non-threatening, and bring it up. if i were you, i would give background and say i started liking you or whatever but i don't want to ruin our friendship but i'm still interested and wanted to know how you feel about this and that i may not be a 100% sure i want to walk out the closet but want to see where this goes, etc. or something like that.

best to be honest and open in this situation.