1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bi-sexual or lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gingerlugo, Mar 7, 2012.

1. gingerlugo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My whole life I thought I was bi-sexual and more attracted to guys. I had been in love with a boy before once but the love didn't last there was somthing missing. Lately it has gotten worst I would date and always find an excuse to stay away from these guys. Until finally I met the perfect guy. He had everything I was looking for,but when he kissed me I felt nothing, when he held me I felt uncomfortable. He was perfect but why couldn't I feel anything towards him. When I decided to stop talking to him he couldn't understand why, and I honestly didn't know why myself. This is making me think that i am not into boys at all maybe I'm just a lesbian, but i never dated a girl before since I haven't even told anyone that I like girls in the first place.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It is possible that you have developed stronger feelings towards females. It can happen though that you find someone who fulfills certain things you are looking for but there is no real spark or a connection that allows you to develop a relationship. It is possible that he was 'just' friendship material so to speak. In many ways, friends can also fulfill certain needs and wants that we have. Maybe try dating girls for a while and see how it goes and what kinds of feelings and attractions you develop.

That said, I think what might help you more so, is perhaps trying to talk to someone about your inner feelings and attractions that you do have. Talking about feelings and hearing yourself out loud can help you in becoming more aware of the different kinds of feelings that you are experiencing, and perhaps also give you more insights. Is there someone that you trust and know can talk to? Is there a support group in your area that you could go to or join?

3. greeneyes

Hello!

Although what you say could be one answer, there could also be other possibilities given the circumstance. Maybe he wasn't the right guy! I have two guy friends who are great personality-wise, but I am just not attracted to them.

I think all of the advice on the previous post is really good! so ditto all of that!

You also don't have to worry about the label right now and can just try dating someone/gain more experience.

4. gingerlugo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's kinda hard to get experience or date females if i'm not out :frowning2:

5. greeneyes

ahh yes...that tends to be true.

do you have a couple gay/bi/trans/accepting friends whom you could go to gay bars/clubs/nights with? or is there a support group you can join? or a concert that would be a gay-leaning audience?

Also, you don't have to come out with a label at this point. "I'm not sure" and "I'm currently figuring it out" are quite acceptable answers.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Maybe then, think about trying to come out first, which would make it easier to date. :slight_smile:

7. gingerlugo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No one that I am close to is opened minded.. There is a few people I know but I am not close enough to them to go to a gay bar with them. I guess it is time for me to get to know new open mind people and start from there.. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

8. greeneyes

yep, meet more people! also, you would be surprised as to how some seemingly closed minded people are in fact open-minded.

also it's just nice to talk about this with someone in person. it's quite cathartic and clarifying to just say it out loud occasionally.