1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ShayminFan37, Mar 8, 2012.

1. ShayminFan37

I'm 14 in eighth grade and have come to the conclusion that I am bisexual. I told one friend who was close and she accepted me completely, and I am very lucky to know her. I think I have a crush on a guy in my grade, but I don't know what to do. We are completely different as far as I can tell. I am the guy who has friends but would text them while playing video games rather than go out on Friday, and all my friends are like that. He seems like the kind of guy who is always around a friend and seems like one of the nicest jocks in the school. I know barely anything about him because we went to different elementary schools, which combined in middle school. The friend I am out to doesn't know him either because she moved here in 6th grade. He gets my heart pounding every time I see him and I can't stop thinking of him when I'm alone. I think he has had two girlfriends since 7th grade but maybe more. All the jocks, including him, always jump around and touch each other and make jokes, but I'm not sure if they are just flirting with nearby girls. Even if he was gay or bi, should I start a gay relationship in 8th grade? Also, what are some tips to tell if he is gay or bisexual? Anything would be great.

2. TheAMan

Hey! From what you've said, it doesn't sound like he's gay/bi but I completely understand how you feel. I get similar feelings for this guy at school. My best advice to you would be to try to become his friend first and then try to get with him. It's the safest option you have right now.

3. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my suggestion, become friends first, then take things from there, but i would advise going slow

4. cheese

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i know this is old...
    do you know digit ratio? i am suck at explaining, maybe wiki can do better!
    Digit ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the thing is... if your ring finger has the same length with your index finger, it means that you are (probably) gay... and it applies to me and some of my gay friends! lol
    then maybe you can try to check his fingers! :grin:

but some people said it's a total BS... :/
    i don't know, i am not great at science. lol

5. ShayminFan37

Thanks guys, this was a help! Unfortunatly I won't be able to try anything until school tomorrow. I'll see if I can get closer to him as a friend and glance over at his fingers too! Any further advice would still be appreciated though, especially experience.

6. Paper Heart

To me, it sounds like he's a great guy and you like him, but he doesn't seem to come off as gay. But hey, its eighth grade! People will be coming out in high school. Don't sweat a crush on a straight guy, or someone you think is gay, its honestly not worth it. If he is a great guy, then you should definitely try being friends with him. But trust me, you'll have more options in a few years.

7. ShayminFan37

Thanks, I started thinking and it would be great to have him as a friend anyway.

8. Jonathan

I would definitely suggest taking the advice people have mentioned and become his friend first. There's a chance that he can turn out to be either gay or bi and there's a chance that he could turn out to be completely straight, so I wouldn't get your hopes up over him just yet. Besides, a person can make all the guesses about another person's sexuality they want based on the person's behavior and there's absolutely no guarantee that they're right. The only way to be completely sure of his sexuality would be for him to tell you himself.

9. Countervail

I can say that he is not gay, jocks touch each other every where every time in my school, it's normal for them but who knows? Maybe he is at least bi. :slight_smile:

10. Lewnatic

Typical jock behaviour. He sounds straight to me, and is so comfortable with the fact that he's straight he can easily make jokes with his friends--having fun, touching each other, pretending to do things just because they find it hilarious. There were plenty of guys like that in my high school where I was thinking "please be gay, please be gay!" but in the end they're so completely straight.

11. TexaCali

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In any relationship, friends first. Just be slow and gentle and drop the hints when the times are right. You should get a clue how he feels about it.
    I had a friend in high school who we all thought was gay. He was always using gay innuendo, all his jokes were about gay behavior, and he often tried that ironic "look, I'm acting totally gay and that's funny for a straight guy" routine, but it wasn't funny because we thought he was gay. Hell, he would literally announce and then show off (clothed of course) any erection he got. There were never females around for this and he never had a girlfriend or even talked about girls. Yet he talked against "fags" and "faggots" plenty and the rest of his behavior was just "straight enough."
    After high school he still identifies as straight, but we all still wonder, why didn't he just admit it and come out?
    Point is, you won't know for sure if he's acting straight just to get along with his jock buddies or if he really is straight, until you give it a try.
    Like we've said here, take it slow. If he's not into you, move on.