1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desparate

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SpikySpice, Dec 31, 2007.

1. SpikySpice

I caout to my sis and I dropped my dad some hints but I dont think he noticed , I think I knew but he never wantedto talk about it

But my sister, she was really sad, she is stil now and it's been more thalf a year, she always wants to change me , I have talked to her about me being gay alt, told her that it's not who I chose to be, and she understood but she still wants me to be straight. She just keeps asking" What are we doing now" like 1000 times. She wanna take me to her councilor or schycologists to talk bout my orientation, but what if he councilor is anti-gay and they will throw a bomb at my face? My sis think they will change me lol

Anyways, I talked to someoneabout it and he said just be who I am, but my sister is really sad, I love her and I dont wanna see her crying on her bed, I told my friend that I'll just gona get a girlfriend so she can feel better, but he said no because I cant do that to please her, I dont wanna please anybody but my sis is really sad:frowning2:

She called her bestfriend, thisgirl also love sme alot, she's liek my 2nd sister, and she told my sis that my family is an unlucky one cuz dued to the fact that Im gay and other stuffs, I dont wanna sy these gurls are ignorant, but I dont know what to do

I just wanna ignore it when she wanna talk bout me being gay again, but she also said as long as Im happybut I know she's broken inside.....

2. BlasttheCloset

That's really sad that she can't actually just accept you being gay. The only thing I can think of to do is to try to show her that being gay wont make you unhappy or ruin your life, but if she is determined to think of gay as a negative, then there is nothing you can do except just keep trying. I would tell her a little more strongly that you don't want to see a counselor or psychologist and that you don't need to because being gay is not a disease or disorder or anything and is just the way you are. You could also ask her why she is so sad about you being gay.

3. CrimsonThunder

Why doesn't she like you being gay?

4. SpikySpice

Because Im the only guy in my family, so nobody will carry on the last name and stuffs like that

And she feeel sorry for who I am, she thinks gay is pathetic

5. SpikySpice

Yes..... I just try liek everyday an di just keep denying to go see her counselor , and i try to expplain but sometime sit drives her to the point that she wanna fall asleep lol

thanks for your advice

6. BlasttheCloset

I guess my advice wasn't really helpful then; sorry about that. She will either some to her senses and accept it, or there is nothing that you can do, but try to let her come to terms with it.

7. Alexander

I would say that you should see the counselor, but not to change you. Counselors now realize that being gay is not an illness and cannot be changed, so maybe this one will talk to your sister if you explain the situation.

8. SpikySpice

No it's ok really ^^. I'm just gonna be myself and show her that Im happy, I know she loves me and like she said " as long as im happpy" that'll make her happy too, but yeah, she's kind acomplicated

Alright, thanks

9. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Hopefully your sister will figure out that it's not so crazy to have a gay brother and come to terms with it hun.

10. LorenzG1950

When I came out to my sister, she thought I was on drugs or had fallen on my head. It took her a while but she understands. The main thing is that she wants me to be happy (and I am).

So maybe your sister will realize that there's nothing wrong with being gay, you don't need to be "fixed", and you are proud and happy. If she really loves you (and I'm sure she does), she'll want you to be the person YOU want to be, not the person SHE wants you to be.

Giver her time and ask her to learn more about homosexuality. She's just reacting based on what she's heard and what other people have told her.

Good luck! (*hug*)