1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so there is this boy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by query, Mar 8, 2012.

1. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    right. so i know this guy, and i thought he was cute, and since he seemed pretty gay i asked his friend if he was. she swore up and down he wasn't, so i didn't think of him like that for a while, until the past week or so. and just earlier today his other friend told me he was gay, and that he liked me. also he is apparently out to a lot of people. so basically my problems are how to ask him out and if he says yes where. ive never been a good planner, and good things like this usually blow up in my face.

---------- Post added 8th Mar 2012 at 11:42 PM ----------

also, we're in highschool, to give u an idea of limitations.

2. Ridiculous

Does he know you are gay? If not, tell him, which will give him an excellent opportunity to tell you he is gay too (if he is).

edit: hm, it seems I completely misread your post. You can ignore this.

#2 Ridiculous, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  3. castle walls

So you're looking for date ideas? Personally, when it comes to first dates, I like to do something simple that gives us time to talk and get to know each other. Going out for coffee or lunch might be a good idea. Its cheap and is pretty easy planning. If you know for a fact that he likes a certain activity maybe you can try to incorporate that into the date.(An example: If he likes plays, take him to a play performed by your local college and then get lunch. They're usually cheap and they have early performances so you won't be out too late) That usually will get you a lot of points. It shows that you pay attention to him and actually care about what he's interested in. These ideas may not be too creative but for the first date I think you should focus on getting to know each other better and seeing if you want to pursue this.

As for asking him out (I know I did this backwards lol), I'd just be upfront about it and make sure he knows it's a date. A few examples of what you could say "I'm really interested in you and I think we should spend some more time together and see how things go." or "I really like you and I heard the feelings are mutual. What do you think about us going out on a date?" Good luck