1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Disappointed :-(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pinklov3ly, Mar 9, 2012.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been talking to this girl who I really like for about 8 months. I really like her, but technically she's still a friend. I recently told her that I have feelings for her, but now, I kinda regret it. This is my first time in a long time, being with someone new. Anyway, she stood me up, which was completely understandable- she told me she had gotten into an accident. However, before this she had also explained to me that her ex-boyfriend needed a ride home from work because he had a flat tire. Then out of the blue she says, that she's so sorry, blah blah etc... let's get together tomorrow. I'm starting to believe that she stood me up to be with him. I'm hurt, I really don't know what to believe...I wanna believe her, but I'm not naive and I'm way too old to be trying to play games. I don't know what I'm asking for, any suggestions are greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2. QueerButterfly

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well perhaps give her the benefit of the doubt this time, but if it keeps happening then either just back away and give yourself a bit of space, or confront her about it and see if you can get the truth. Its tough and it maybe that you are going to be a bit hurt but if this doesnt work you will meet more people, and people who will return the feelings you have for them.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice. I mean, she hasn't given me a reason not to believe her. She doesn't seem like the type of girl I should be worried about. She's genuine, I can't see her lying to me even though I know that everyone lies. I confronted her about it and she was being truthful. I just hope she doesn't cancel on me again. Wish me luck :slight_smile:

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would probably feel the same in your shoes, but as has already been said, it's entirely possible she dropped off her ex and got in an accident. A pattern is more something to look out for.

Best of luck. It can be hard to quiet our brains sometimes, but we all need to do it once in a while. (*hug*)

6. Bosco

I agree with Gravity. I'd definitely feel crummy about it, but I'd try not to get too hung up on it since it's a 'first offense'. (that sounds really weird, but I hope you get the idea)

Hope it goes well! Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I haven't heard from her, but it's partially my fault. I was mad about her canceling on me, so I blocked her calls. I just didn't wanna say something to her that I didn't really mean. I'm just going to give it a few days and hopefully she contacts me, if not then there's plenty of fish in the sea.

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a good plan.