1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set up a date?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Loras, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Loras

I came out to my friends a few months ago, and now one of my really close friends flatmates how ive never spoken to has told her hes interested in me. Ive heard really nice things about him, hes cute and im pretty keen to get to know him. A few days ago he added me as a friend on facebook, im really keen to accept but ive never really meet or spoken to him before.
    Do you think i should accept and then ask him out for lunch or coffee, maybe a movie or bowling?

Or do you think I should wait till i meet him in person first, I think its weird having a friend on facebook that i dont know, but otherwise it might be a few weeks till i meet him.
    Also im really nervous he seems quiet hot in the pistures ive looked at and i kind of scared im not good enough?!
    Im also nervous about finally dating a guy!!

2. Jessica816

I say accept him on Facebook and go from there. Then if you guys want to meet up, keep it fun and casual. Oh and this nonsense about you not being good enough forget about that!

3. Chandra

I agree that you should go ahead and accept his friend request, if you're interested in getting to know him. You can always delete him later if you don't get along. And asking him out for coffee sounds like a good casual first step. Good luck!

4. Bosco

There's nothing to lose in accepting him as a friend on facebook :slight_smile:
    Strike up a conversation with him and, if you guys get along well, asking him out for coffee or something sounds like a great idea!

And nonsense about not being good enough; he was the one who added you in the first place! Hope everything goes well!