1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I ugly?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kunglaomksm, Mar 11, 2012.

1. kunglaomksm

It seems all my life I know that I'm gay but through it nobody even said that I'm good looking(well except my Mom but that's my mom :tantrum:slight_smile: or even girls don't even have a crush on me. That made me even conscious of my face and my whole image and sometimes I can't even look in the mirror. (SIGH) I wonder if I could even find a boyfriend... :icon_sad:

2. Ridiculous

Looks perfectly fine to me :thumbsup:.

How many people have you found attractive without telling them? I'm sure there have been a lot. Just because no one has actually said it to you doesn't mean no one finds you attractive.

3. orangecat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't worry yourself about it too much. Only the creepy people usually have the audacity to walk up and tell you how attractive you are. If someone really likes you they generally wouldn't be so forward with you. People fear rejection, so they rarely take the risk without first knowing they at least have a chance. It's not you, it's them!

4. Countervail

No one is ever ugly.
    :slight_smile:
    at least that's how I see things-unless you have a grotesque attitude.

Plus, it's not the superficial things that makes people love you, it's what's on the inside.
    HELLO! This is not Hollywood, if you know what I mean.

It is like this,
    man 1 has a crush on man 2(Granted that man 2 is gay too),
    man 2 is a very good-looking guy but exactly the opposite on the inside,
    Man 1 founds out that man 2 disrespects his family and co-workers and oppresses people just to get what he wanted (apparently, man 2 is spoiled and doesn't care whose shoes he stepped on to).

If you are Man 1, would you not be turned off by his attitude?

5. TheAMan

You don't look ugly to me. Look don't worry about what others say (or haven't said in this case) about your looks. The only opinion that matters is yours. If you think that you look good, then you do.

6. Eleanor Rigby

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :slight_smile:

I supposed not everyone would think that my husband is handsome, but I do !
    And I suppose not everyone would think that I am pretty, but he does (especially in the morning when I am in my pajamas... and I definitely tell you that I don't think I'm at my best at that moment !!!)

Except fools maybe, nobody falls in love with the shell. That's the person inside the shell we fall in love with and when we do, the shell that holds who we treasure most becomes precious too.

7. You're not ugly!!!(*hug*)

How many people have you found attractive without telling them? I'm sure there have been a lot. Just because no one has actually said it to you doesn't mean no one finds you attractive.[/QUOTE]

^^ truth! There's lots of guys, who I wish I had the courage to say "Hey, you're cute." or something along those lines."Hey nice shirt" blah blah....But sadly I'm too scared, more because I'm not sure they might even be gay, and I don't know how they might respond. But, I mean really. You shouldn't give a :***: what people think of you anyways. Keep your head high, and be proud of who you are. Confidence goes a lot farther anyways. Because baby you were born this way! :icon_bigg

8. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

No, you are not ugly, but nobody is going to realize how cute you can be if you go around THINKING you are ugly. Don't evaluate yourself. Don't even think of evaluating your appearance. It makes you self-conscious.

When you groom yourself in the morning, don't think in terms of yourself. Think in terms of others. You try to create a good presentation of yourself out of respect toward others and toward the world in general (and toward God if that's in your beliefs). That's it! You don't do it to win people's favor. You don't do it to try to get a date. You do it because it might actually improve someone's day if you go out looking like you cared when you woke up in the morning.

When you are approaching a guy, the same principle is at work. It's not as important for you to smile. It's important for him to smile. It's not his effect on you that matters, and pretend that you are not even there. You are a sigh of wind. Every breath he takes matters. Every movement of the eyes matters. Every blink matters. Make a study of him. Make a point of understanding the meaning of every tiny movement. This is how anyone actually goes about seducing a guy, for good or for evil.

Ultimately, you have high potential for being extremely cute, and I think that you can do anything you want to do just by eliminating the self-consciousness. My friend, you are a swish. People who are prone to noticing things are going to notice that you are a swish. Well, you can't go through your whole life with this hanging on your neck like an albatross. It's okay. It really is okay.

9. litt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    adorbz :grin:

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2012 at 06:21 AM ----------

1. adorbz
    really, really, really cute; adorable

also spelled adorbzzzzzzz
    Awwwwww look at the Bradley and Dasoul snuggling with a kitten! That's so adorbz.

10. greeneyes

ditto on a lot of the comments above.

ditto on the people are creepy when they say someone is attractive haha.

More importantly people are so self-conscious themselves that they can't admit someone else is attractive, especially since they don't know if they are themselves.

I live in a world of skinny (and often anorexic or athletic) people when I am a tad pudgy and curvacious. Mostly no one in the US comments on my physical appearance. Funnily enough when I went to Europe (mostly in France haha) I got a lot of compliments. I also think people in other countries feel less shy about these things, but it also made me realize that just because I don't fit the mold doesn't mean I'm not beautiful.

11. Mack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No you are not ugly at all :grin: And don't think like that about yourself, i think people see u the way u see yourself

Check this vid it might help u :

Are You Gay and Ugly? - YouTube

12. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You aren't ugly at all, we judge ourselves a lot more harshly than others because we actively look for imperfections in ourselves. Just try to see what other people see, try looking at yourself as a stranger in the mirror and take what you can from that. :slight_smile:

13. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in ABSOLUTE ugly and ABSOLUTE beautiful. It depends A LOT of the reference. It doesn't matter if someone dislikes his/her appearance, that person will always be someone's type, there are too many men and women in this world to think someone will never like your appearance.

We are talking about appearances here...but i think personality matters A LOT and i think its heavier in importance than one's look. Somebody might look so-so for you at first glance, but once you get to know that person and find out he/she is an AMAZING person, all of sudden its the most beautiful person in the world, and that matters a lot more.

Don't hate yourself. If you can't love yourself, how will you love someone else?

Cheers, and take care man.

15. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First of all, let my start by saying that you're NOT ugly. If you think you're ugly, your facial expression will turn sour and your lack of confidence will make you look even uglier in public.

Confidence is sexy. :grin: Remember that. So don't shy away.

Try not being so self conscious. It's not healthy. If you can't help it, then try channeling that energy into hitting the gym and work those pecs. Having a great body doesn't only improve your looks, it is also healthy. Just don't get too obsessed with it.

The bottom line is don't get depressed about it. It's all in the mind. If you think you're ugly, then you ARE ugly. Instead of getting depressed, why don't you do something about it? Clothing, hairstyle, gym. That's a guy's total makeover regime.

16. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

You're not ugly!!! Be yourself and don't worry so much!!! All that worrying will only hold you back, be patient and be confident in who you are inside and OUT. I think my signature is the most perfect thing to say to you....

P.S. Ugly?!? You must be out of your mind! :grin:

17. litt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sometimes, I'm the creep telling you that you're really cute, always ends badly when I don't know the person, and ya I feel like the creep that I truly am.

18. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, definitely not ugly. In fact I'm with Litt in saying you're quite cute :slight_smile:.

If you want ugly look at my pics so you can feel better about yourself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

^^^ On second thought, listen to his advice there and completely ignore my hopeless self-consciousness. :thumbsup:

19. kunglaomksm

Wow! I didn't know there are many replies here already. Thanks for the advice guys, it's just sometimes I'm insecure with myself since I'm just desperate to have a love life.

20. Mobiusponder

As a fairly impartial observer: no. You don't look ugly.