1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really like this girl but I don't know what to do anymore! Help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by colorful, Mar 11, 2012.

1. colorful

Ok so as I said in a previous post I met this girl a little over a year ago that I really like. When she first kissed me it freaked me out. Then as time went on I realized that maybe I kind of do like her. She always cuddles with me and such… She even was like hey you should go to prom with me. I’m not really sure if she was joking about that though. We aren’t actually together, but I wish we were. I don’t know if we can be now though. I actually told her that I liked her, but I said liked… as in past tense. I’m nervous that she has moved on. I mean if she does even actually like me in that way I haven’t been like super responsive. I’m pretty sure I’ve never actually had these feelings for anyone. Like slight jealousy when she pays more attention to others. That fuzzy feeling etc. This may seem really stupid, but within the past few months we have cuddled all night twice. We cuddle so close and our faces are so close together and sometimes I just want to kiss her. I mean I’ve never legitimately kissed her. I want to seriously be with her like officially, but I don’t know if she will accept me now. This is what was said… or rather typed:

So here’s the deal. I never really thought about being gay until I met you. At first I didn’t particularly like you. Then incase it’s not obvious I kinda started to like you at least I think and I’m not sure if I just thought I liked you because I thought I was gay but I don’t know. You confuse me. I’m really uncomfortable with the whole thing and right now my brain is telling me to avoid anything that might even make people think that I might be gay because I’m not even sure right now. I don’t even know if you are gay and I’m sorry if this is extremely awkward I just thought you deserved an explanation for my behavior because it at least seemed to me that it upset you considering you walked outside… I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.”

Her: the crowd was bothering me. Just was worried about you. Sorry for making you confused.

(at this point I realized crap! I totally made it seem like I didn’t like her at all anymore.)
    Haha. No it’s okay.

Her: if you ever need someone to talk to or just someone to listen I’m here.

Thanks. :slight_smile: I thought you’d be supportive.

Her: Always will be when it comes to you.

Well I’m glad you are still going to talk to me even though I made your life awkward.

Her: My life is always awkward and I’m usually the person that causes it. Thanks for being honest and up front with me. Besides people like you are hard to find, not going to give that up.

Today was the first time I saw her since I told her. We’ve talked since then and everything and it seems pretty normal. It wasn’t awkward for me today, but I don’t know how she felt. I just really want to talk to her about everything. I want to, but I have no idea how! I just don’t know if I should be like “hey we need to talk”… because I mean we aren’t together or anything.

I just wish I hadn’t used past tense because I still do like her. I’m just not sure how to take her responses. It sort of hurts that she didn’t say much about her own feelings. I’m almost entirely positive that she is a lesbian, but I don’t have like confirmed evidence… well other than my own experiences which I suppose could be biased.
    I guess what would you do in this type of situation? Do you need more information?
    Also I wouldn't have the desire to like legitimately kiss etc. another girl unless I was actually a lesbian right? Like even if I just looked up to her? I don't know what I'm trying to say...

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you could just try spending more time with her and seeing if that makes the bond stronger. You could ask her if she was serious when she asked you to prom, you can say it in a kind of jokey way so she can say no if she wants. You could tell her you really like it when you cuddle or you could initiate some hugging or something.

I am pretty sure she is at least bi and that she likes you.