1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice dating a guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andy19, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Andy19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, EC! Im gonna try and keep this relatively short. I am bi kid who recently got out of a straight relationship which lasted about a year. I met this guy and we met up for a date. I feel like we really clicked and I really like him but I don't want to rush things. That being said, I kinda do haha I get nervous every time I'm with him and I really enjoy his company. I don't want to get my hopes up or push things on him since he says he wants to see where this goes. What does that mean? Like he jut wants casual dating? Or not looking for anything serious? I don't have experience with guys and I'm really afraid I'm gonna screw things up. What advice can you guys offer me?

2. Jim1454

The best person to ask would be him.

If he wants to see where this goes - it probably means that he thinks there might be a 'long term' potential and that he doesn't want to rush things or get too serious too fast - but instead let the relationship develop slowly. Getting to know someone and be good friends with them in addition to having romantic feelings for them is good. It's not easy to walk that fine line, but if you can manage it you'd be building a great relationship with him. Good luck!

Oh - and welcome to EC! I'm glad you've found us here.

3. DMark69

My husband and I started that way, we had been together 3 months before we officially called each other boyfriends. It has now been 2 years since we decided to become boyfriends, and six months ago we officially married. It is great.

4. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

"You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince Charming." I'm sure you're heard that expression, but what it means is that, before you have really gotten to know someone, you can't know whether a real relationship would ever work with that person.

Of course, some of us have heard the truth about Prince Charming, so we skipped all the frogs and went straight to the fat, old toad with the gentle disposition and interesting background. They're the best.

Let me be clear: if you ever meet a guy who is not cautious like that, don't date him. That's the best advice I've got. Someone who makes a commitment on thoughtless impulse will break a commitment on thoughtless impulse, and usually they are unreliable in their day-to-day lives. Stay away from that type at all costs, kay?

Essentially, it's good news. You are doing great. He sounds like one of the better ones, based on what you've said. And it sounds like he digs you.

Anyway, good luck.

5. Andy19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you everyone! :slight_smile: we have begun seeing each other almost every other day. It's been a week today and I dont know whether or not I want to fall for him. I'm terrified his feelings won't reciprocate. It's been the best week I've had in a long time, though.