1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Become Friends With Him First? Need Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ShayminFan37, Mar 12, 2012.

1. ShayminFan37

I have a crush on this guy in my grade (eighth grade, I'm fourteen) and I want to become friends with him before anything. But we are so different, with him being a jock and me being a semi-popular. He's always around his friends and I would never be able to get a word in with them there, since they are not my friends. He seems like he would want to be anyone's friend but I am afraid I'll embarass myself in front of my classmates if I say the wrong thing. Anybody have anything that's been proved to work, and also how to get rid of his friends long enough to say something? He's in my gym class (the goal of our current unit is to trust people we don't know that well) and my last period Algebra class.

2. secretguyX

When he's alone just start a conversation about what you were talking about in class. Then you could add him on facebook (if you both have one) or just continue with the small talk for now.

3. TruffleDude

It sounds like the gym class is going to be the easiest environment to get to know this person. I am not sure what exactly they will have you doing, but it sounds like they may have you doing team building activities. If so, you may be on his team, and have to interact with him.

Take the initiative to say hey, and maybe make a quick joke if you are funny, or just comment on the day/weather/class, whatever. Make sure to say good bye and maybe a quick handshake or fist bump when you part ways after class. Nothing over the top, this is just polite behavior. I would recommend doing this with anyone in the class anyway, get practice introducing yourself and ingratiating yourself with others. It is a valuable skill to have.