1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life is too easy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zaio, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hi EC

Does anyone else ever want to be hated sometimes? I feel my life is way too easy, my parents recently recieved £1 million, I have a great computer, T.V, iPhone 4s, £100,000 towards a house... Oh and I'm 15. I have amazing friends who support me through anything, I've never once been abused for being gay or anything similar... This is all too perfect and it pisses me off, does anyone else ever feel this way? I was actually hoping deep down slightly that my parents would react badly to me being gay, I'm not sure if it's that I'm too bored... I can't really explain it... It just all seems too easy... Please no comments about me being spoiled, I am very aware of what I have and I am extremely greatful for it as I know a huge majority of teenages my age don't have anywhere near as much as I have.

Any thoughts on this?

Quick side note: Me and my sister take after my father, and my sister has multiple mental conditions that affect her moods, and I believe I have the same thing, so I'm not sure if these mood swings are just making me very angry and want to release it, or something else is going on.

2. LailaForbidden

I feel the same way sometimes. My parents aren't as wealthy as yours... we are primarily middle class, but I have lived in luxury all my life. Never known a day of real harship. Sometimes when I see how other people live, the hardships they have to face with family and whatnot, i feel disgusted with myself. Afterall, what have i done to deserve this? But the circumstances of my birth have given this to me, a gift as i like to look at it. I think as long as we keep this in mind and don't let it spoil us too much, we shouldn't look to harshly on ourselves. So long as we give back in some way and try to help our fellow man, should anyone blame us for our lucky circumstances? My point is, as long as we remain humble, it shouldnt be a problem :slight_smile:

3. secretguyX

I used to feel the same way, especially wanting people to react badly to me coming out. Most of my friends whom I've told accepted me, but I'm hated by some people who know but don't know me well. The thing is, I don't have as great a life as yours, and I still feel this way, even though I've had some bad things happen, my life seems too easy. I don't know, maybe it's just wanting to experience things other people have, and you feel that you're missing out on life experiences.

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well Laila I am not bothered at all by the fact that I have these things, don't get me wrong I'm very greatful but I honestly don't care what others think about it, it's an opportunity in life that was given to me, I see no reason not to take something like that, I don't believe in pride, I think it just hinders people. Thanks for the comment though, I agree about the remaining humble part :slight_smile:

Ahh, maybe that's it secretgirl, I dropped out of my school about 2-3 years ago to be homeschooled, for that duration I just played video games and done schoolwork, not giving one thought about my social life, because at that age I had no clue how important a social life was, I recently started hanging out with my old friends again about 2-3 months ago and have been a lot ever since then, and it's like things never changed, however a lot of them now talk about relationships etc, and I have not met ONE other gay guy, I found out that my best friend since play-school is bisexual however he is socially awkward and definitely not my type, and he never talks about anything. Maybe I just fill unfulfilled? I don't think I've ever even had a crush on someone seeing as I sepparated myself at the age of 12/13.

#4 Zaio, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  5. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mate if you're finding life too easy then go out and do something about it. Find something challenging to do, like jump out of a plane or climb a mountain. Or do something really scary like sing in front of a group of people.

6. sguyc

I understand what you mean for the most part. I wouldn't say I am as well off as you but I have not had to many worries. I feel like I am kind of a soft person cause I have never had to deal with any real shit. Of course bullying can be terrible or any other kind of abuse, but at least it allows you to have something to fight against and define your identity. I seem to want to be too nice to everyone because 1) I have never had to deal with people being dicks to me 2) im just a nice guy :slight_smile:

7. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I know what you mean silas, often I want to do something with my life but there is not much I can do currently, being 15.

Usually I just sit in my room on my computer chair doing absolutely nothing for hours, like literally just thinking of things to do. I could be revising but I just simply can't be bothered, it's a viscious cycle of depression that I am unsure how to brake, and the constant "stop feeling sorry for yourself" attitudes aren't helping, as I don't feel sorry for myself... I'm not sure how to describe it.

8. TroubledRyan

You might find helping others fulfilling? You can try volunteer work or charity. It's always fun and fulfilling when you help others.

Just an idea.

9. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah Ryan I've always loved helping others, I am the one guy people turn to when they brake up with someone else or other things, as I have been established as a trustworthy and helpful person, purely because I love to help others. The charity thing is a good idea, I do always love doing charity events and getting sponsors for charities. Thanks for the idea :slight_smile:

10. TroubledRyan

No problem. have fun and good luck! :slight_smile:

11. TruffleDude

Nope, never feel that way. Just want to be loved and to love back. I kind of understand the hardship thing. It does feel good to struggle and prevail. I think that there are rewarding ways to find this feeling outside of being hated, like taking on a difficult major, creative project, or traveling outside of your native land.