1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never have crushes

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sguyc, Mar 13, 2012.

1. sguyc

I constantly read posts on here about people struggling with crushes and how they can't deal with this immutable force that is pulling them towards certain people. I honestly can't think of a person I have had a serious crush on in my life.

I feel that romantically I still can't except a male/male relationship as being equal to a hetero or girl/girl (I don't know why, I just think lesbian couples are really cute). I still can't really see myself in a relationship with a guy even though I am sexually attracted to them.

How do I breakout of this mindset?

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

You're not the only one :slight_smile: I am 15 and have yet to expierence a crush.

Maybe you just think that women's relationships would generally be more successful as sterotypically they discuss feelings more than men, and unfortunately sterotypically which usually is the case, a lot of gay men are promiscuous, that's a reason I struggle with the idea of being with a guy as I want to be monogamous, I just think when I finally do meet someone else they will want to rush things or as they say "fuck and flee."

3. TroubledRyan

I really wouldn't stress out about crushes. If it comes, it comes. There is absolutely no point in trying to find love, because you won't find it.

In America approximately 3.5% of the population identifies themselves as gay. I'm not saying there aren't promiscuous men out there, but out of the 3.5% of the population, it will seem alot worse with us being so. I know many straight females and males that are very promiscuous.

You will eventually find a guy that isn't promiscuous that you can get along with. Not everyone is just out for sex. :slight_smile:

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's alright, I honestly didn't have my first crush until last fall.

What TroubledRyan said is true, if it happens when it happens. And on a more positive note keep in mind that the 3.5% are only the ones who admit it. There are alot of people who don't admit it (Me being one of them):dry: So that number is actually higher. Don't feel bad, when it happens it happens.

5. Hot Pink

I experienced crushes all the time. There's about four or five girls I have crushes on right now. One of them is definitely more powerful than the others, though. Luckily, that girls seems to have an interest in me too. I can't imagine not having a crush or feelings for at least one person.

6. colorful

I would definately say that there is nothing to worry about. Just like with pretty much everything else in our lives we are all different. Also you could still be coming to terms with yourself even if you think you have. It's a tough thing to go through. Just go through life and surround yourself with interesting people. :slight_smile: