1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush's abusive relationship

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kale17, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Kale17

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry for the length, just needing some advice.Long story short I care for this friend a lot, and want to protect her from harm. I haven't told her how I feel about her because she has a boyfriend and I haven't come out as liking girls or being FTM.:bang:
    The problem with that is that in her current relationship her boyfriend and her abuse each other physically and mentally. She hits, scratches, slaps, screams, threatens, etc. to him when they get into arguments. From what she has told me he grapes her arms and gets in her face when he is angry. They threaten that they will breakup with eachother if the other does not do like they say (i.e. Him going to senior week or her going on vacation with me).
    They have been dating close to 3 years, she is in 10th grade while he is in 12th so she is stressed about if he will be with other girls while at college and if she will be with any boys while he is gone. I guess what I'm trying to say is what can I do or say that will make her wake up and see this is a terrible situation that will end in someone getting seriously injured if it goes on.:help:

2. TroubledRyan

They are both physically abusive, neither of them are in the right. Whether she is a male or female. The simple fact is that they have been in this physically abusive relationship for 3 years, and I simply don't think anything you say or do will change that.
    They aren't oblivious to the fact that there relationship is...'odd'. Unless either of them are seeking help against the abuse, they may like it in some way.
    I'm sorry, but do you think she is the best one for you in the first place, if you two were able to get together? As you said earlier, she is physically abusive as well. Not just him.