1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bardgrl, Mar 18, 2012.

1. bardgrl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey guys! It's been a while since I posted, but I need some help.

So, I've liked my best friend for a while now, and about mid to early of February I told her how I felt. As it turned out, she liked/likes me too. We waited a while to make sure this wasn't just a passing thing ( we don't want to lose our friendship) and it wasn't.*

Tonight I was over at her house and we were talking about stuff, life, things in general. I then brought back up the subject of our liking each other, and asked her of she'd been thinking about it. She said yes, and I said I had been too. From there, we both shared our thoughts. I then proceeded to ask her if she wanted to try it out, and go on a first date sometime. Just to try it out, no commitment, not yet at least. She said yes.

Here's the problem. I'm not really nervous, but I have no idea what to do for a first date! Neither of us can drive, so our parents would have to take us. And since we've been best friends for years, how will a date be different from just "hanging out"? What should we do? We talked about maybe a movie and then walking around and talking/eating at a local mall. Is that too casual? This is my first date with a girl. I've dated guys before, but none of them were my best friend beforehand.

Also, should I hold her hand? She's a very shy person, so maybe I shouldn't until we are alone at one of our houses. She's never dated before, so I'm trying to not pressure her into anything and to make her feel good about this.

Any and all help will be helpful... Thanks!

#1 bardgrl, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. castle walls

For first dates, I usually suggest something simple to get to know each other but since you two are already friends I guess you can skip that part. If I were you, I'd try to do something different than what you normally do. There are TONS of things to do for a first date. Maybe you could try an amusement park, bowling, batting cages, mini golf, skating, laser tag, picnic, paintball, make something together, look at art, etc.

If it is possible you can try to incorporate her interests into the date. For example (I know I've used this example before but it still fits) if she is into plays, maybe you could take her to a play put on by your local community college. It'll be cheap and they often have shows early in the day.

As for the holding her hand thing, if she's super shy and isn't out, I would avoid holding her hand in public on the first date

I don't think that a movie is too casual for a first date if that is what you want to do. Just think about what she likes and if you can incorporate it into the date go for it. Good luck