1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im actually going to do it!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Mar 20, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So Ive been wanting to tell this friend of mine Im gay. At firrst I always freaked out and decided not to, because maybe I wasnt gay, then when I accepted I was gay, I just didnt find a way to say it. So day after day I had this goal of telling her, but at the end of the day, nothing happened because I just couldnt do it, I didn know how.

But today, I started talking to her, and then I decided to do it. I told her I had something to tell her. So she asked me what, and I started to get terribly nervouse, I said it wasnt easy to say it, and she was like dont worry, just say it, Ive told you everything about me, and I literally couldnt say it, the words didnt come out of my mouth. She said that she knew I wanted to tell her, or I wouldnt have brought the topic up. I told her I really wanted but it wasnt easy. So then someone else came along, so we just stopped talking. But now she said we´re going to talk about it tomorrow :eek::eek::eek::eek: Im so scared, and nervouse, I know theres no turning back now, I am going to tell her, and I really want to, but Im really scared.

If you have any advice or suggestions I would be very grateful. Its a fact we´re going to talk tomorrow, or at least someday of the week now, and I know Im going to tell her, Im just very scared I dont know why.

2. colorful

Don't be scared! She seems like a good friend. :slight_smile: Write it down if you really have to just in case. You can give her the note when she asks and then you two can talk about it in depth.

3. Cloudbreaker

Congratulations on taking the first step toward telling someone else! I just went through a similar situation a few days ago when I came out to one of my sisters. I told her in an online message that there was something I wanted to tell, then had to wait a day to get a response, then wait another day for another response after I came out to her.

If you are feeling anything like I did, then there are probably about a million unidentifiable emotions doing acrobatics inside of you right now. Take that as a good sign. That is the feeling of progress toward a better future. My story had a great ending and I'm sure yours will too. Just try to remain calm and let out a deep breath whenever you feel you need to. It will all be over with before you know it.

4. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have an alternate option :slight_smile: You could make a little sign that says "I'm gay," or something similar, and hold it up in lieu of saying the words. Perhaps that might make it easier?

5. TriCube

She seems like she'd be understanding, otherwise she wouldn't have suggested to talk about it later. If you know 100% you're going to tell her, then there's not really a point in worrying, is there? :icon_wink

I like this idea. I can imagine someone writing it on the palm of their hand then greeting them with a big ole high five.

6. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yea that sounds good :icon_bigg

and thx to all of you for your support, it really means alot to me :slight_smile:

7. Merlot

she knows...

8. TheAMan

She seems like a very good friend. Just calm down, relax, and take a deep breath before you tell her. When she accepts you, you;re going to look back and wonder why were you stressing so much.

9. amwm2wm3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You reminded me of the first straight person I ever told. I was scared to death, especially since she was staying over at my house the weekend I chose to tell her. I just couldn't get it out, it's like I was choking on the words. She told me she thought she knew what I was going to say and when I couldn't, she just asked if I was lesbian. I said yes and she squealed and hugged me.
    So, I'm betting your friend might know, too. It's a lot easier after you do a few times. But my fall back plan was always just writing a letter.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Texting can work wonders. :slight_smile: I know several people that have come out that way, and for some reason, it's often much easier.

I remember when I came out to the first person, who was a really good (male) friend. Somehow the topic had come up, and he'd had his suspicions, and we were sort of tapdancing around it and I kept sort of hinting and finally he got the hint and said "So you're gay, then" and I said "Basically, yes."

Even though he sorta suspected, I think it was a bit of a shock -- I think i was probably the first gay person he'd known closely. But after a week or two, he was back to making insulting jokes at my expense, and added in some gay ones, so I knew we were fine :slight_smile:

I think your friend probalby already knows and doesn't care. So I think if you just tell her, or if you can't, just send a text... that will get it all over with :slight_smile: