1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of a problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by epsylon427, Mar 20, 2012.

1. epsylon427

England yeah that cloud covered rock by Europe
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah so i know that im gay and have obviously accepted it but i still get depressed, uncomfortable and just ya know terrible when im doing p.e i feel gulit and find that i just dont act myself i dont take part, purposely forget my p.e kit and then have a staring contest with the floor or wall for an hour but i usually feel fine after and go on with my normal day.
    I kind of already know whats wrong but is it normal to feel like this.

2. Maialuna

You feel guilty in PE because you're gay? Well, if you think about it, there are probably other LGBT people in the class who have no problem with it. I mean, changing rooms are probably awkward (don't have those at my school thank goodness) but as long as you're not someone who stares (you don't sound like it) then it's fine. Just think about the fact that it's a normal class that everyone takes. I'm sure some people feel the same way as you, but there are probably lots of other who feel fine. Sorry if I'm repeating myself here, but thinking about that fact helps a lot.

3. Waffles

Hey bud, welcome to EC. :grin:

I know the feeling. My PE class was only a semester long (2 semesters total), and it wasn't exactly my favorite class. XD There were days when I wanted to skip... It especially was awkward when it came to the showers. -_-; You could see EVERYTHING, and it was definitely an awkward time. That's why I changed in the corner, behind a pillar. :3 Made it so much easier~
    Back to your question "is it normal to feel like this"... of course it may feel a little odd. Especially when you're not fully OOC. It just takes time to get over these feelings. Plus, everyone has to take the class, so you shouldn't worry about being nervous around other guys.

I hope anything I said made sense. XD

4. colorful

If it is the changing rooms then there are ways around it (above suggestion of changing behind a pillar. Haha.) It is definately normal though. I personally had to share a hotel room with some people (man I share so many stories on here someone I know in real life is going to find all these posts and figure out who I am. Yikes!...) and they were just changing right in the middle of the room. They obviously have issues, but I just went about my business changing as well. Haha. But like above posters said as long as you aren't staring creepily at them then it isn't a big deal. We all have to work through our own awkward situations and it's only a big deal if you make it a big deal.

5. TheAMan

First welcome to EC. I just want to say that at first you may feel a little depressed about being gay but it usually subsides after a while. Try talking to a close friend or someone you can trust. That's always a great way to get things off your chest.

6. DegrassiLover10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, at least you don't have to change in the girls locker room! But welcome to this site, I myself am a newbie and we gotta stick together. The feeling of embarrassment usually goes away soon. There are probably other gay teen guys, and you don't even know it. :slight_smile: