1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freaking Out About Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by izzyblue1456, Mar 21, 2012.

1. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice for me about coming out to the people in my life. Im very worried about what my parent will say, especially my mom. She seems to be very against anything homosexual. Just today we were eating lunch and on the news was a lesbian couple at a hockey game and one proposed to the other on the ice. My mom said that it was "gross." So Im really scared to tell her that Im gay.

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not the best person to give advice but I found this

Suggested Do

Good luck

3. amwm2wm3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was outed to just about everyone save some close friends, so I may not be the best person. But for family that I had to tell, I generally wrote a note. I figured with a note I could say everything that I meant to say and the conversation couldn't be sidestracked. And, of course, it was much easier than getting the words out.

4. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the input

5. Free Yourself

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just try to understand they're response, and ask they give you the same respect. My family didn't take it well at all, still hasn't gotten used to it! But keeping it a secret won't make it go away, it'll prolly be tough at first but hopefully they come around. I came out to most people all at once on.... Uh.... Facebook lol I know, dumb on my part. It was because I didn't want to tell the same story a million times. The ones close to me knew way before though! Just stay strong, no matter what! :slight_smile:

6. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. I was thinking about putting it on Facebook too also because i dont want to tell everyone the same thing over and over. But i would probably do that after i tell my family.

7. Chickzak

Good luck, I'm sure it will go fine. Just talk to her like you would and I'm sure she'll love you, maybe even more for having the courage to do so! =D You'll be fine, dont worry :slight_smile:

I hope it goes well, coming outs are pretty damn scary x