1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how should I take this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fatalmoon91, Mar 21, 2012.

1. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so this is an odd story I think, but here goes...I met this guy a few years back at a local community theatre and when I knew him then I was in the closet. Well back then he used to be so awkwardly umm sheltered, and I would mess with him by sitting on the arm of his chair, and wrapping my arm around him, and things like that. Well this year he started going to the same university that I am attending and is in some of the theatre classes with the freshmen (I am a theatre major sophomore, I think he might be a minor or hes just taking the class for fun but I dunno.) Anyways today I was talking to him for the first time since back when we were in the local theatre. he has grown a lot and I doubted that he was who I thought he was. while we were talking he said something along the lines of "I remember when you used to try and corrupt me.....and you did but thats a different story." So this entire thread is basically to ask wtf he meant by that because my mind went racing and has headed in all sorts of directions since then and I really don't want to get the wrong idea...

2. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    From my limited experience and perspective, I think there might be a fair chance that he is at least bi :grin: He may be referring to a more general 'corruption' (i.e. being easy-going social and perhaps a bit touchy-feely) but I'd suggest keeping in contact with him. More information! Good luck :wink:

3. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well when i knew him back then I messed with him mostly to see if he would open up a bit more...(I think my memories of him are a bit fuzzy as I started having seizures right before the last few times I saw him.) it was a little weird because when we were talking earlier today me and my roommate were talking about how he was cute and she thought i should date him and my response was "I dunno i think it would be weird if he turned out to be the same guy I knew two years ago." (this happens to be the same day he confirmed that he was and i wasn't crazy for putting the two of them together lol) but we were talking and she just looked at him and asked and thats how the whole "corruption" thing came out. he kinda dropped the topic right afterwords though and i didn't wanna push.but the more i try to push it outta my head the more i think of how nice it would be if he meant what my head is telling me he meant. (He also told me he was waiting till i realized he was the guy from 2 years ago. which to me implies that he was messing with me a little bit and when i knew him back then im not sure he would have done that.)

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think "corrupted me" is a sort of joking, tongue-in-cheek way of saying "helped me come out" or "loosened me up" or whatever.

And yes, I'd say he's either bi or gay, and likely hinting that he is and he knows you are by what he said.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like there's anything that would make it a bad idea to consider dating him (assuming he's interested in that...) so if you find him attractive and so forth... you might at least give it a shot.