1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my GP?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WeirdnessMagnet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One part of me wants to do the right thing and come out, especially considering I might need some help with my depression... Another part says that I really have very little idea on how an average doctor in a small English town views the matter. I know a doctor has to keep it confidential, and in theory shouldn't be judgemental, and in all probability heard stories far more shocking than mine, but...

(And no, I don't know him, got sort of... tired of regular doctor visits and tests after an operation I had a couple years ago, and didn't even register with a GP after I moved a year ago. But now I really need some medical advice.)

2. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,my advice would be to get registered with a doctor asap,you never know when you might need one.
    Whatever information you are asked for,or information you decide to give,just be honest with them.All information is confidential and doctors dont judge on sexuality etc.If your doctor is aware that you are bi/gay then he will have a better understanding of what the cause of your depression is and make a better decision about treating it.

3. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Already taken care of that part, they said paperwork would be complete early next week. It was sort of foolish not to register, but well, better late than never.