1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to say about Amendment One (North Carolina) on my Facebook...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Christiaan, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Okay, I'm wanting to post something in my Facebook asking my friends and family to consider opposing it this May, but I'm not sure what to actually put down. I am thinking of just keeping it simple and saying, "Please oppose Amendment One. Thank you." In fact, unless someone can suggest something better, that's what it's going to be. I've thought of saying something like, "I find it hurtful" or "it's an affront to the dignity of our state," but I keep thinking to myself, "if it's not enough for someone that I simply asked nicely, that person isn't going to have my back no matter what I say or what reasons I give."

However, I do feel that I ought to say something.

2. secretguyX

I think that amendment is extremely pathetic on the governments part. Anyway, if you oppose it too, then you should probably say something. Although your family and friends already know that you're gay, so they probably would be supportive already, without you saying anything, and vote against it. If you want to, then you can post something (to some specific people or all) asking them to please vote against it because it really offends you, nicely. If they're really there for you, they will, if they weren't going to already. Or you can message people individually, if you don't want everyone to see it, and say the same.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Despicable....