1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The common question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Leora, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Leora

I know this is something that gets asked a lot, and that it's not always easy to help via the internet, but there's this girl at my drama group that I get along with really well. She's a lesbian and knows that I'm bi, and I had an on/off crush on her for a while that I kind of got over because I thought it was going nowhere. But last night things seemed to shift a little bit. She was getting super giggly/awkward, and she's usually very confident. We were backstage before a performance and I was fixing the flower she had in her hair - she seemed kind of embarrassed and flustered. She's also usually very up front about talking about exes / current romantic interests, but last night when I mentioned something she'd talked about before she was kind of awkward about it again, which isn't like her. And the biggie was that as we were leaving we were talking about meeting up with everyone in a group, and after it was just her and I left she commented that "I don't know... I was just thinking, I mean, this was just a dream I had, but like, maybe you and I could just meet up... on a regular basis."

Have I got crush-goggles or should I take these signs seriously?

& sorry for the very teenagery post, haha. :wink:

2. secretguyX

It definitely sounds like she was trying to give you hints last night that she likes you, especially since that isn't her normal personality. If you still like her, then try to do the same, maybe she'll get it. She said she was dreaming about you, that seems like a pretty good sign. I can't know for sure, since I don't know the complete situation, but from what you said there seems to be a good chance she likes you. Good luck! :thumbsup:

3. Leora

Thanks! Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. She definitely doesn't hate me anyway.
    I texted her asking if she wanted to meet up over Easter and she said definitely with a rather long line of xxxes, so um, that's cool. We're just hanging out in town which I know isn't the most romantic of things, but I kind of just wanted to get used to seeing since we don't usually see each other outside of drama. I just have no idea what to do/say/suggest when we're there?
    #sillyteenagerproblems

4. Pilgrim is hot

Can never tell for sure what someones thinking but to me it defiantly sounds like shes interested, with regards to meeting up activities can break the tension like bowling, hiking or something active or you could go somewhere quite and just have a nice relaxing talk. Hope all goes well :slight_smile:

5. greeneyes

Don't know the specifics or person, but sounds like it to me! And if you feel the same way, you can always ask/be forward =)

6. Leora

@Pilgrim is hot: Thanks. :slight_smile: I don't know, we just made plans to hang out in town so I'll probably suggest we go and get coffee for a start.
    @greeneyes: haha, in theory. :l I'm not very forward but I'll try. Plus she's the more *cough* experienced of us, despite being younger.

7. Leora

Update: We hung out, I think we're just friends and I was reading too much into things, I had a great time but was getting zero hints from her at all. :frowning2: sigh.
    c'est la vie :frowning2:(

8. YellowWalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well hey ive had my experiences with girls too and the thing is people are always changing and evolving perhaps it was nerves since it was a more formal date? im not very good at being subtle but maybe send little signals like run your hand down her arm and tell her she looks good :slight_smile: maybe she'll come around. good luck and keep on keeping on!

9. Lewis

Those definitely seem like positive signs, I think you should take them seriously! There's definite chemistry going on. I'm not the best person to give advice in these sorts of situations, but I say go in for the kill! xD

10. Leora

@YellowWalrus: It wasn't a formal date, we were just walking around town. It was kind of the opposite of formal. And not really a date. *shrug* But thank you for the advice!
    @Lewissss Thanks, I was feeling positive about it but notsomuch anymore.