1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this girl likes me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by disvic, Mar 25, 2012.

1. disvic

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, personally, i'd say i'm a bi-curious girl.. a bit of tomboyish. 3 months ago I got to know this girl at my language class. I think she's 4 years older than me (i'm 20). At first, she sat a bit further from me and we talked occasionally (given the fact that she always borrow my pen:dry:slight_smile: but after about a month and half, she moved to sit next to me and we started to get close (in a friendly manner of course, plus nothing was noticeable back then). Then, around 2 weeks ago after I added her on my facebook, she started to act strange around me... She said that i'm sweet and called me "Dear". Then she sent me a message on facebook asking for my number (how stupid of me that I didn't ask for hers :bang:slight_smile: but she never call or drop a message. And in class, when we had a group discussion, she tried to brush her leg against mine (but I pulled away) or touch/grab my hand... everything went on until the final day of the course, she mentioned to me that she wants people to talk to her on facebook via message instead of commenting or writing on her wall... seriously, I don't how to deal with this.. I kinda like her since she's quite hot and down to earth :thumbsup:, but I feel a bit reluctant to make a move because I don't whether my assumption that she may like me is right... and that's the reason why i didn't ask for her number back and pulled away when she rubbed her leg against mine. I can tell she's straight coz she used to have a boyfriend and they still hang around after they broke up.

Right now, I really wanna know whether she likes me or not? and if she does, how can I deal with it? I mean, I like her, but what should I do? with the society i'm living in, I really have no idea about this matter. :eusa_doh: :help:

Thanks!

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You won't know until you go find out. If you want to go on a date with her, do it. It sounds like she wants it. Just make a move and go on a date and if she isn't for you, she isn't for you! No one can tell you what this girl thinks but her.

3. greeneyes

Yea I would ask. Maybe send her a message (not on her wall haha) on Facebook saying that you're interested in going to coffee with her (or some other form of casual date). I would be explicit because it's good to get this off your chest and figure out what's going on. you may never see her again and it's good to be honest and get this out of your system if it turns out not to be the case (though from what it sounds like she likes you).

As a bisexual, having an ex-boyfriend whom you still hang out with does not mean she's not interested! I have an ex-boyfriend who I'm still close with, especially because we were a big fail romantically but are still friends haha.

Anyway, I would ask her and be as honest as you want to be, whether it's saying "do you like me" or "wanna go for coffee" or "wanna talk about something in person" or "i'm not really experienced in this and want to know if anything's gong on" or whatever. worst case scenario she says no not at all you completely misread the situation and you can apologize saying you always misunderstand signals or something.

Hope that's helpful!

4. colorful

I would go for it...well maybe not me personally, but I think you should. :slight_smile:

5. TheAMan

I'll juste echo everyone else. I think you should make a move and go for it.

6. disvic

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you all for your great advice...I really appreciate them. Somehow, I think I will meet her again in our next term, so I think I may need some times to wait and see how would she act around me because all my assumption is based only on her behavior within the last 2 weeks. Beside, I kinda keep my orientation to myself and I don't wanna embarrass myself in front of her in case I misunderstand the signal. Anyway, just wanna know from you experience, how can you tell if a girl likes you?