1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with this girl??...Please??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MadeUpUsername, Mar 26, 2012.

1. MadeUpUsername

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I met this girl while I was cosplaying at a convention and I think I really like er. She's pretty and smart and I dOnt know just amazing! The only problem is she's like 6 years older than me. I do t know if she just thinks of me like I'm a little sister or not... Should I just give it up or should I keep trying and stuff? Please help me!

Oh by the way she already knows I'm bi and she says she doesn't care about gender in a relationship :slight_smile:

2. secretguyX

Hate to say this, but dating a 20 year old is illegal. =/ Personally I think age laws are stupid, as long as you're not dating some old perv, but anyways. Keep being friends with the girl if you can handle knowing it's just that, but there's not much of a chance with her, unless you meet again when you're older. 20 year olds are usually not interested in someone a lot younger. Sorry :frowning2: But that's just what I think.

3. Jordash

6 years older than you.....
    Im sorry, but I honestly don't think anything can happen between the two of you. Shes gotta be like 20, right? That would be wrong on her part.
    I'm sorry, but maybe you should just try and find someone a little bit younger.
    Good luck!

4. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I agree with Jordash. A six-year age difference isn't that big of a deal for older couples, but for younger people it makes a big difference. You change a lot and have many new experiences as you hit your late teens/early twenties. Both of you would be happier in relationships with people closer to your own ages.

That being said, you could still try to be friends with her, as long as you can be friends with her for the sake of being friends and not because you hope to someday be more than that.

5. greeneyes

Yep, agreed.

6. Travel Tech

I have to agree with the above responses. She's an adult, a young one, but it's a large gap from a young teenager. There's no problem with you being friends with her of course, and maybe later in life you could start dating her, but for now I'd say to let it go.

7. MadeUpUsername

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for all of your responses :slight_smile:
    You guys are probably right that I should kinda give it up.
    Thanks for all the advice