1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about a guy's hints

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ruralteen, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ruralteen

Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so let me paint a picture for you. My first post, yay haha. But I go to a rural high school, about 350 students, in the middle of the midwest. I'm the only person out, which is awkward. I do sit higher in the high school hierarchy (w/ jocks) since I'm incredibly active in sports, really lucked out with that.

There's this guy in my class, and my PE that really gives me weird vibes. I started sitting by him at lunch after he broke up with another girl, a relationship based on sex (again.) I was acting like any other high school kid and talking to him about sex, and he brought up the rumor of me and this girl that were 'active' my freshman year. I never was. Then he felt the need to tell me that he's had sex with tons of girls and a guy (emphasized a guy). Just out of nowhere. I brushed it off as whatever.

Then in PE we were walking the track. As we were going down to the track I was attempting a roundoff, he thought I looked awesome doing them and showed off his to me. On the track, he was talking to me (in private) about his ex. I brought up the incident on Friday when he got kicked out of the blood drive for having sex with a hypoglycemic girl, and expressed that I protest blood drives because of the fact men who have sex with other men are no longer able to donate. He talked about how he saw that one too and how it was so unfair. And then proceeded to show-off to me in the weight room.

And like whenever I walk in the classroom (study hall today) he makes sure he gets my attention, waves Hi *** across the room.

Is this just baseless flirting as a joke, or does he have an interest in me? I'm really, really bad at taking hints. My best (girl) friend thinks he's hinting and I should call him out on it in private, ask what's up. Her mom is pretty positive this kid is gay too, and she has a really good track record. I just don't want to mention something and it be awkward, then he could start a rumor that I'm hitting on him or something. He plays football and I run cross/cheer, so things could get nasty fast. Keep in mind that I really wouldn't mind a relationship at this time, but it can also wait. I'll graduate in a year and go to a uni with 40,000 people, a lot more anonymity.

What should I do? Thanks so much in advance.

2. secretguyX

Well it's hard to tell when I don't know the guy personally. But if he emphasized that he had sex with a guy as well, and he knows you're gay, it sounds like he was trying to hint that he was bisexual. Some guys do just show off because they want to look masculine, although he may have been trying to impress you. And in class he may just have been friendly, but if it was across the room then he may have a crush on you. I can't know for sure. I suggest bringing up that day in PE when he said he had sex with a guy, and ask him if he meant he was bisexual or not. I doubt he'll make a big deal of it, and he'll probably just tell you.

3. Is he a douche in general? If not, he sounds pretty sincere. It also sounds like the type of thing that a real jerk would do to screw with you, but if he's a decent person, chances are he likes you. I would suggest you just casually ask him if he's gay the next time he talks about how he's had sex with guys, as opposed to just out of the blue. If he says no, at least it looks as if you were wondering because of him claiming to have had sex with other guys. If he says yes, then take things from there :wink:

4. ruralteen

Out Status:
    All but family
    He's been a pretty big dick to girls. and That's what my worry was, he's just screwing around with me. I'll try and catch him the next time he brings something up. Thanks a lot guys!