1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i break up with her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MrHojalata98, Mar 27, 2012.

1. MrHojalata98

:help:i started dating a girl back in december when i didnt really know what my orientation was (yes a lot can be achieved in 3 months) but now that i know im not really into girls yea well i want to break up with her i just dont know how. And just for you asking why i dated her its not because i was denying that i liked guys mostly it was to see if i also like girls (which i pretty much found out i didnt) But how exactly do you breakk up with a girl when your reasons for dating here where the ones mentioned above? i mean i cant really say " im sorry but im into dudes i think we should see other people." please help i dont even know where to begin Dx

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

"I'm sorry but after being with you I decided to turn gay."

LOL, sorry had to.

Well you should just end it like a normal breakup, you could say something like "I know this sounds really cliche but it really is me, not you, you're a wonderful girl and you deserve the best, please don't think for a moment it's you, I'm so sorry but I just can't be in this relationship"

If she asks why you could give a typical response "I'm not ready to be in a relationship yet" or actually tell her the reason (if you're going to stay friends she will probably find out eventually so may as well just tell her) you could go with something like "well, this is going to be really awkward but as of recently I am now sure of my orientation, I'm gay and I'm really sorry for stringing you along," you could then add to that a few options, to go the easy route out and act sad that you're gay to make it easier "I just want to be normal, everything in life is going to be so hard for me, I thought I could just hide myself and be normal and have everything work out, what have I done wrong? Why can't I be normal?" or go the more painful but truthful route "I'm sorry but I wasn't sure if I was gay then and needed to be sure, please don't take that the wrong way, I just needed to be with a woman, any woman to confirm that."

Those are just a few options, may not be the best advice but it would probably work :slight_smile: good luck

3. TheAMan

In this situation, I'd try to tell her as much of the truth as possible without revealing you're gay. Just tell her that you feel this relationship is not working for you two and that it's you and not her. Hopefully she will take it well. Good luck!