1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Spark... or just a nice person?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Waffles, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Waffles

Hey guys, it's Waffles.
    I have a serious question to ask y'all:
    how can you tell the difference between a guy that likes you and a guy that's just genuinely nice?
    There's this kid I have a few classes with, and we always are partners.
    He smiles at me, and I smile back. And he listens... :3

So my questions to all you wonderful people~
    1) HOW can I tell the difference so that I don't give off the wrong signals to his actions?
    2) Has this ever happened to you before? ._.

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2012 at 11:21 PM ----------

Wow, I forgot to add this lil' bit of info.
    We are always partners, and he seems a wee bit annoyed when someone else tries to join our group. XD

2. Travel Tech

1. Do you know if he's gay?
    2. Does he know that YOU'RE gay?
    3. Hold on, is your avatar Kagamine Rin and Len? That's AWESOME!

3. Ridiculous

Yeah, I know what you mean. There are some people that you're just instantly compatible with.

However you've got to careful that you don't let wishful thinking cloud your judgement.. smiling and listening are things that make a good friend - they don't mean that they are interested in anything more. Perhaps there could be something in him wanting to be your partner all the time with no one else, although I do have to say that I prefer people I know and don't like having 'outsiders' coming in, regardless of whether I'm attracted to the person in question or not.

As you may have been able to guess I don't think there is any evidence to really say he is interested. Of course, there isn't any evidence to say he isn't interested, but in these situations its usually best to assume they aren't.

If you do think there is something there, then you should take the initiative and try and give your own signals rather than try and wait for his. Do you know if he is gay/bi/interested in guys?

Also, Travel Tech brings up a very good point: does he know you are interested in guys?

4. stumble along

Watch the eyes and see where he looks... No straight guy looks at other guys the way he will if he's gay

5. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Gay guys glance at Guys before paying attention to anything else... Straight glance at Girls...lol Except if you are aware of what you are doing... I for example try to avoid doing this.lol

6. Waffles

I don't really expect he's flirting with me. XD
    But I think the situation in general made me wonder how to tell the difference... ^^;
    Besides, he ian't my type. XD

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find the best way to differentiate between admiration of a friend and attraction is to imagine them getting into a relationship with someone else and see if it makes you feel jealous.