1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told someone....feel crappy about it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chelsaroo, Mar 29, 2012.

1. chelsaroo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So if you have been following my posts you know that A. I'm a newbie all the way around here B. No one knows C. I'm still really struggling with this internally.

With that said, I told someone, and now I feel like oh crap what have I done. This is a person I know in my head wont judge, He's gay and has been out forever, and I have known him since the "Boy Meets World episodes weren't reruns"

I told him over Facebook in a private message, so I still haven't heard back yet, I think that's part of why I feel weird about it.

But I still feel like I did something wrong or made a huge mistake.....

Advice?

2. Just Passing

Hello there and welcome to Empty Closets.

One thing about Facebook that is difficult to interpret is whether or not the person in question has or hasn't seen the message. Or they just don't want to respond. Who knows. It seems odd, considering you've told him such a personal thing and that considering his own sexuality he should respond as soon as possible, but again, it could be a multitude of reasons.

As for making a mistake, I'm sure we all feel like that when we tell a certain person. As it appears to be your first time coming out to someone, then you might feel slightly worse for it, but given your history together, I doubt it'll be a mistake.

I'd wait it out and see. I'm sure it'll all work out for the best. Good luck. :slight_smile:

3. chelsaroo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the reply! I know your right, and I also know he is busy right now I think he told me he has 2 jobs. I have no fears about the fact that he will respond and I know he will be oober supportive. I issues lie with me not him i'm still insecure about all of this and it all feels weird.

4. TruffleDude

It does feel weird sometimes, and what is Boy Meets World?

5. I always find telling somebody I trust to be relieving. This is your first person, so I understand it may feel a bit funny. Boy Meets World is this old television sitcom that apparently began airing in 1993. I was fond of the show, but I think I began watching it somewhere halfway between original airing and rerun? hahaha

6. amwm2wm3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love the Boy Meets Wold reference. :slight_smile:
    I think most people find it weird the first time. But if he's gay, he'll definitely be supportive and you'll feel a lot better for it. You didn't make a mistake. Try to relax, you did a good thing. :slight_smile:

7. unknownerror

YAY! congrats on taking that first step. I'm sure it will be alright. Just be patient until he can respond. Until then, here's a (*hug*)

8. greeneyes

just so you know - i know a lot of people who either don't check their private messages or just never respond, regardless of what's in the message. =)