1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know if someone likes you

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sf1980, Mar 29, 2012.

1. sf1980

Hope I am posting this in the right forum.

So...how do you know if someone is attracted to you.

I am a female(32) and I met a girl (she is bi) a few weeks ago at my office, I surprised myself at how much I was attracted to her. It was instant.

Her mannerisms and attitude were so rare and unique, made me want to stay and talk to her forever. All I could think of whilst we were talking (three hours altogether) was how much I wanted to be in a relationship with her.

She was staring at me a massive amount. There was also alot of smiling with no conversation at some points, really deeply looking into eachothers eyes.
    I noticed from the corner of my vision that whenever I partially turned away, she was watching me intensely until our eyes came together again.
    She also mentioned some personal things, which made me feel she trusted me and wanted my attention.

Sounds daft, but at one point I watched her kicking something across the floor, I lowered my gaze before she looked up, but i noticed from the corner of my eye she was staring at me, it was like she wanted me to notice her. That sounds very silly I know.

Is there a chance she likes me or is it just the desperacy of wanting her to be my girlfriend thats leading me to believe she does.
    Ok thanks for any input x

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say yes she is into you. Haven't met anyone that kept looking at someone and smiling when they didn't like them

3. She likes you. I'll put money on it

4. TroubledRyan

You will know if someone likes you by:
    -Eye contact
    -Quality of conversations
    -Length of conversations
    -Some sort oh 'accidental' touching (doesn't always happen, but it helps)
    I'm sure their are more, I jsut can't really think right now... I agree with the other two though. There is a good chance that she likes you, from what you have said.

5. sf1980

Thanks for all the replies, all very positive to read.
    TroubledRyan: She did grab my hand at one point to show me something, she instructed me to do so at first, asked quite a few times infact (3), but I didn't want to as I didn't know if she was serious, she then took it upon herself.

6. Caoimhe Fayre

maybe you could ask her to go for coffee or something, and take it from there. it sounds like you are both into each other.

7. greeneyes

you never ever know but sure sounds like it.

GO FOR IT!! Good Luck =)