1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broke Up with My "Boyfriend" 1.5 Months Ago

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TMP32891, Mar 29, 2012.

1. TMP32891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For those of you who followed my first 2 threads this is bringing you all up to speed. I was absent for a while, but I'm back.

Anyways shortly after I made my last post he came to see me, and we were going to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D, and we stopped at a CVS so he could get some liquor for when he went home, and a new pack of cigarettes. Unbeknownst to me at the time he was already drunk when he came to get me, so as he backed out he went a little too fast and hit the back of his car into the building, and then as he tried to pull out he hit someone's car, so we stopped, and did the right thing by going in and reporting it. Turns out the car was the manager's.

Soon after a cop came, and my ex told her that I did it, and when I tried to defend myself and say he did she told me to shut up. Shortly after that my family showed up, and I told the story, my mother knew he was drunk, and he tried to lie his way out fortunately the cop was nice enough to not arrest him, lucky him didn't expect that. Then I went home.

2 days later I broke up with him saying that this was too much, and he understood, and then he continued to text me anyways, so after 3 days we decided to give it a go again. This only lasted a week, and a day after our 5 month anniversary I broke up with him again, and have been single ever since.

At first he tried calling and texting everyday, but after 3 weeks he got the message that I wasn't going to respond, so he left me alone for good. He never loved me, he only wanted my money, turns out my family was right all along as this is what he confessed to my mother the day of the accident.

I have felt lonely since I broke up with him, but I know I made the right choice, but now should I continue looking for a new guy or should I stay single for a bit?

#1 TMP32891, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. TroubledRyan

Thats your call. Its wether or not YOUR ready yet. Not just our opinions on it. Its an enternal question you have to answer yourself.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its your call really. In one hand, you should give yourself time to heal from the whole process and get yourself to a place where you are emotionally stable in order to enter a new relationship. In the other hand, sometimes having a rebound can help with the whole healing thing. Probably not the "mature" or "responsible" thing to do....but it can work. If you do go that route, though, keep in mind that it is what it is and most of the time those relationships don't work out at all.

Sorry for what happened, but I do think you made the right choice. Don't doubt yourself and just know that you deserve better than some asshole who doesn't respect you :slight_smile: