1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice training?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by girlboyari, Mar 29, 2012.

1. girlboyari

girlboyari Guest

I'm bigender, but biologically female. Dressing as a guy and carrying myself like a guy is easy, but sounding like a guy is a whole new thing. Does anyone have any tips for training my voice to sound like a guy when I need it? I want to be able to easily pass as a guy in public, and sound like one too. Any advice?

2. Travel Tech

Can't say I can help you there, people always mistake me for a girl over the phone. It can be irritating. Good luck to you, I hope you're able to get this issue resolved.

3. DhammaGamer

Difficult without testosterone, masculine resonance is not easy to replicate without the extended vocal cords =/

4. greeneyes

I don't have specific experience with that (I also am confused with my brother over the phone) but as a singer I suggest two things = 1) when you talk try to aim your words downward (like the words are coming out at a diagonal angle to your face to the other person's shoes) and 2) tape yourself to see what you like. also when you're talking in your chest voice (the lower one, even for women) you'll feel a buzz in your chest around your collarbone.