1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to think

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cascade, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Cascade

I keep getting pestered by this one guy over Facebook. It's obvious he likes me (he is an out gay guy a year older than me) but I'm not sure if I like him. He always asks if I have a girlfriend or if I'm interested in going to a party of having coffee and whatnot.

We've only met in person once and that was over 3 years ago during the high school band trip to New York. None of my friends went on the trip so I just hung around whoever was near me so we sort of became friends. He definitely liked me more than I liked him, he sort of annoyed me.

Now I'm not sure what I think of him. He is decently physically attractive but I'm still not enthralled by his personality. But I don't know if that's what I really think or if if that's me trying to surpress feelings. I've never been in love with anyone but I've had a few people come after me before but they were never what I was looking for. I'm thinking that I'm just completely aromantic.

Whenever he contacts me I get uncomfortable (and not in the good way) and if I see him online on Facebook I leave as fast as I can to avoid talking to him.

Anyone have any suggestions about what I might be feeling here?

#1 Cascade, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! You have mentioned several things that would make anyone think perhaps twice as to whether they want to hang out with, or get to know someone. I wouldn't go as far as saying that you are aromatic at this moment. It's possible that it just hasn't really clicked with someone, yet.

If you get uncomfortable around him, he has annoyed you, and you don't like his personality all that much, three reasons for you to maybe say to him that you are not really interested in hanging out with or doing social stuff with him.

If you feel that you could see yourself going for a coffee with him, maybe give it a try and see what happens.

That said, in forming relationships, physical attraction is a part in your feelings for someone, but being able to talk with that person without feeling uncomfortable, and liking that person's personality are important too.